[Completed] NBA's greatest power forward?

Real Deal

Kevin Garnett.

Power forward is a tricky position. Most "power forwards" are simply centers that are too small to play that position in the NBA. You get a lot of so-called power forwards who can't operate outside of the low block. Basically, a power forward is either a center with limited size, or a small forward with limited skills.

Not so with Garnett. He's got the height to play center, and the ability to take advantage in the post. But it would be a waste to be a traditional center, because he also brings a deadly mid-range shot, not to mention his mobility and explosiveness to get to the rim with a step. Add in the fact that he's one of the best rebounders and defenders we've ever seen, and this is a complete player.

Much apologies to Tim Duncan, a very close second.

Timmy D with ease. The best post player ever facing the basket. He has the MVP's he has the Rings, he has the stats, and he does not talk [expletive] he lets his game talk for him, nothing more is needed from a player.

The Mailman would have been my second pick.

Edited by ChosenOne

Tim Duncan, as everyone else said he is one of the best fundamental players in history. He brought stability at forward for the Spurs, and still continues to play strong at 33. His quiet and unassuming ways were deceptive and effective. And the list of awards for this guy go on and on....

4× NBA Champion(1999, 2003, 2005, 2007)

3× NBA Finals MVP(1999, 2003, 2005)

2× NBA Most Valuable Player(2002-2003)

NBA Rookie of the Year(1998)

12× NBA All-Star(1998, 2000–2010)

9× All-NBA First Team(1998-2005, 2007)

3× All-NBA Second Team(2006, 2008-2009)

8× All-Defensive First Team(1999-2003, 2005, 2007–2008)

4× All-Defensive Second Team(1998, 2004, 2006, 2009)

NBA All-Rookie First Team(1998)

NBA All-Star Game MVP(2000)

No other power forward in history can match that resume.

Where I do agree with Yugo on Jordan Hill, I gotta go with Tim Duncan.

I find it funny that this guy is not in greatest player in the history of basketball talks because he is a pure winner. The fact that the Spurs haven't missed the playoff since he was drafted and they have won 4 titles with him shows you what type of player he is. His teams were not amazing by any stretch, besides him and Robinson, you can say it was just him Manu Tony and role players for the past 5-6 years getting it done. Not only do I consider him the player of the decade last year but he is the greatest PF to ever play the game. The offensive fundamentals and the defensive footwork and fundamentals just flawless. The only knock on Tim is his streaky FT shooting and his poor ability to avoid showing up on posters. Other than that this guy is incredible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

My vote goes to Tim Duncan, and it's not even close between him and Garnett.

Second would be Malone, followed by Barkley, KG and McHale.

Tim is just too good, fundamentally. Offense, defense, just too much to handle for anyone, and his accomplishments, both team and individual, surpass everyone else considered.

With that said...

Duncan - 8

Garnett - 1

Hill - 1

Duncan wins. :dribble: