Tyler Hansbrough Gets a Taste of the NBA Court

For the record, Tyler Hansbrough did come off the bench for one game his freshman year at North Carolina, so what happened Monday in his NBA debut at the Orlando summer league wasn't a full flashback to his days of needing to remember a locker combination.

Hansbrough enjoyed a solid, if not spectacular, debut in Indiana's 75-67 overtime victory over New Jersey/Philadelphia -- the Nixers or the 76ets -- finding his rhythm in the second half to total 17 points, five rebounds and three steals -- yes, off the bench.

I was doubting this guy's ability to play in the NBA, but I was watching him in the summer league game and I was impressed. Of course, he's only playing against other prospects and young NBA players, but I liked what I saw. I can definitely see him becoming a solid contributing role player throughout his career. Did anyone catch the commentators making fun of him for saying it looks like he never blinks and looks very spaced out? I found that funny lol. :lol: