Jennings Takes Shot At Warriors, Kings

Legacy

Despite all the distractions, all the Rookie of the Year talk, all Jennings wants is a spot in the playoffs. Early in the week, Jennings raised eyebrows after going just 2-for-12 in a win over the Wizards. "My offense is just terrible right now," Jennings was quoted in the Journal-Sentinel. "I don't even know if I want to shoot the ball because things are just not going my way. I'm struggling really bad right now." That drew a sitdown with coach Scott Skiles. "We're not fond of that kind of statement," Skiles said. "We know where his heart lies." Where Jennings heart is is helping the Bucks -- currently fifth in the East -- reach the playoffs. "Right now, I'm playing for something bigger. I don't even care about the Rookie of the Year," Jennings said. "Forget it. Whoever gets it, who cares? Both of their teams suck, so whoever gets it, it doesn't matter."

Source

Edited by Legacy

• Owner

That's funny. That lame Sacramento team, the one that sucks, beat his Bucks on December 19th...and in that game, Jennings was dominated by both Evans and Udrih.

It's all good, though. He will be in Sacramento this Friday.

he's really not takin it well not winning the rookie of the year (as it seems right now..he might win u never know) he keeps tweetin about it too

tyreke evans EASILY should be winning...and i dont even like him i like jennings and curry better..but evans is the clear ROY

Edited by Clutch

It's easy for him to say he doesn't care because he knows he's not going to get it at this point.

Also, his mentality about his shooting performance is really, really bad. He'll need to change that if he wants to get better.

why are you guys complaining? i loved it when Jennings said this. 99% of players in the NBA are all in love with eachother... good to see someone taking shots

http://media.masslive.com/hoophallclassic_impact/photo/brandon-jennings-55-points-47106f0237f82c39_large.jpg

Something he definitely needs to take less of.

Not really. He's getting a lot of open looks and he's hitting the majority of his 3's. He's struggling with his close shots, which I'd like him to keep shooting as they'll eventually fall.

• Owner

Not really. He's getting a lot of open looks and he's hitting the majority of his 3's. He's struggling with his close shots, which I'd like him to keep shooting as they'll eventually fall.

He's averaging 15.3 FGA per game, at 37% shooting. John Salmons is taking 14.9 FGA at 45%, and Andrew Bogut is at 13.4 FGA at 52%.

The success is coming from Bogut and Salmons, clearly. The two threes that Jennings hits per game doesn't make up for the 10 jumpers he misses.