"Major Concerns" for Bogut playing in Worlds

Jenneral

Bucks general manager John Hammond said Wednesday that the team has "major concerns" about center Andrew Bogut representing Australia in the World Championships this summer.

Bogut is under pressure from his home country to play, but Milwaukee is concerned about his health and the recent five-year, $60 million investment they made in him.

"We are going to support Andrew as he goes through this process," Hammond said Wednesday night. "But we do have concerns.

"We've made a long-term commitment to Andrew and obviously he's made a commitment back to us. We appreciate what he's done for us at this point in his career and think he's only going to get better and better.

"We want to continue to monitor his back and make sure he stays healthy."

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65419/20100318/bucks_have_major_concerns_about_bogut_playing_in_worlds/#ixzz0iXDY21Yd

RealGM

Kind of expected them to be worried and kind of hint to him that they don't want him going. He's had injury problems for most of his career and now that he's 100% healthy they don't want to see something bad happen again. It also doesn't help him and his Worlds team that he's playing the best basketball of his career.

From an Aussies' point of view, I'd really love him to play for Australia in the WC this summer. If I were Bucks fan I'd want what's best for him and that's to rest it but I'm an Aussie so I'd rather see him play in the WC, although his one of my favourite players and I'd like to see him in the NBA next season healthy.

But overall, I hope he represents Australia.

Kind of expected them to be worried and kind of hint to him that they don't want him going. He's had injury problems for most of his career and now that he's 100% healthy they don't want to see something bad happen again. It also doesn't help him and his Worlds team that he's playing the best basketball of his career.

I hear you. Houston is feeling to the same way about Yao possibly returning in time for the WC. Both players have a history with injuries and their countries shouldn't be pressuring them to play and put their careers and team's seasons at risk. Besides neither China or Australia are going to be major players with or without them.

I hear you. Houston is feeling to the same way about Yao possibly returning in time for the WC. Both players have a history with injuries and their countries shouldn't be pressuring them to play and put their careers and team's seasons at risk. Besides neither China or Australia are going to be major players with or without them.

Yao would play this summer for China? I think the big man should get as much rest as he can.

Andris Biedrins is also in a similar situation. Hopefully, he doesn't play.

Yao would play this summer for China? I think the big man should get as much rest as he can.

Andris Biedrins is also in a similar situation. Hopefully, he doesn't play.

He's been getting a lot of pressure from China lately. Chinese fans and the media are already calling him a 'traitor' because he wants his wife to give birth in America and if he missed the WC, it would only make things worse.

7 footers need the offseason to rest more than any other NBA player especially those with an injury history. Hopefully all three teams can come up with a cover story or something of the sort to give their bigs much needed rest.