Monta Ellis Says Kobe Is Better Than LeBron

While Rolling Stone recently declared Kevin Durant(notes) better than Kobe Bryant(notes), Warriors guard Monta Ellis(notes) has his own opinion on who should be ranked as the NBA’s three best players.

“I’m going to say LeBron James(notes) [third],” Ellis said recently. “He can do it all, pass, score, defend, block shots. No. 2, I would have to say, me. I can do a whole lot of things: defend, score, make passes, do whatever I need to do.

“No. 1, I’d say Kobe Bryant. There isn’t one player that can stop Kobe one-on-one. He has a lot of stuff. He can defend. And of course, he won four championships.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqzZd2t.o5xIJCumB8pCFBA5nYcB?slug=mc-afterthebuzzer032610

Kobe/LeBron is debatable, but Monta just hates LeBron because he always blocks his shots and contains him whenever we play the Warriors. Monta is just using this to stick it to Bron.

If I remember correctly Kobe guarded him in our last meeting and Monta shot a dreadful 5-23. You don't see that effecting his decision. ;)

LeBron is easily the best player in the NBA now, regardless of what Monta thinks. I feel like a lot of people who say Kobe is better say it because of what he has accomplished and what he has done rather than what he is doing currently.

No doubt Kobe has accomplished everything LBJ could ever want, but LBJ is currently the better basketball player, it is that simple.

Edited by travesy3
  • Like 1