Is Chris Bosh mailing it in?

Flash

Seemed that way last night. I don't wanna jump to any conclusions but it seemed like he just gave up and decided to just settle for jumpers last night during the Miami comeback. I feel like he's kinda fed up with Toronto and the team. How do the Raptor fans see it?

I love how you say the Knicks are setting themselves up for failure by clearing salary cap then suggesting the Heat will actually sign someone, LOL.

The Heat have a core and the Knicks don't. Wade and Beasley > Gallinari.

Plus, have you seen the Heat commercials with Pat Riley? He's pretty much guaranteeing a "dynasty". If said by anyone else, I would play this off as words with no substance until what's said is done, but he's actually built a championship team before.

Yep, can't wait to see him in a Heat/Thunder jersey next year.

Where do you get the Thunder from? And to you, the Heat will have the best offseason over any team for reasons I still don't know. riley this Riley that. Look how well the Heat have been managed since their title.

Where do you get the Thunder from? And to you, the Heat will have the best offseason over any team for reasons I still don't know. riley this Riley that. Look how well the Heat have been managed since their title.

Oh I don't know, we just have a ton of cap space. The Heat could have repeated had it not been for Wade's injury. We still mde the playoffs that year. The problems started when Shaq and Dwyane got injured and we traded Shaq for Marion and began making our deals to set us up for 2010. Getting James Jones, drafting Beaz and Chalmers and the Jermaine deal all have contributed to us being in a position for 2010. Pat Riley is one of the top executives in the league to why should I not have confidence in him?

We have Dwyane Wade, Beasley and 2 first rounders. What big name doesn't want to play with that?

The Heat might not even keep Wade, lol.

Charles Barkley who's very close with D-Wade has said he doesn't see Wade leaving Miami and Dwyane is the only one of the big 3 FA's to come out and say he wants to stay in Miami.

You guys really think he will leave $30 million on the table? IMO, if Bosh leaves it will be via sign and trade. I'm not trying to sound like a huge homer but the Rockets could be a player in the Bosh sweepstakes because they do have a solid all-around core (don't forget they were serious playoff contenders for several years although they only got out of the first round once) AND have the assets to pull a sign and trade that will allow Bosh to save $30 million. Its ideal for Bosh and any other big time free agent.

Would Battier + Jeffries ($15 million in exprings) + Aaron Brooks/Jordan Hill + one of the Knicks picks satisfy Raptors fans (IF Bosh is leaving and wants to come here)?

You guys really think he will leave $30 million on the table? IMO, if Bosh leaves it will be via sign and trade. I'm not trying to sound like a huge homer but the Rockets could be a player in the Bosh sweepstakes because they do have a solid all-around core (don't forget they were serious playoff contenders for several years although they only got out of the first round once) AND have the assets to pull a sign and trade that will allow Bosh to save $30 million. Its ideal for Bosh and any other big time free agent.

Would Battier + Jeffries ($15 million in exprings) + Aaron Brooks/Jordan Hill + one of the Knicks picks satisfy Raptors fans (IF Bosh is leaving and wants to come here)?

The Rockets are definitely a team to look out for because they're in Texas. I'm pretty sure he's either from Houston or Dallas. I just think the chance to win a ring with Wade in Miami is something he's gonna have to look long and hard at because let's face it..Toronto isn't going anywhere. Bosh isn't going to lead any team to a ring IMO and he's better suited as the number 2 to a guy like Wade or LeBron.

I truly think the NYK thing is being overplayed big time by the media. Miami and OKC are easily the best options for someone who wants to win right away and compete for a ring.

I have been thinking about it lately more, and after the Knicks article on RGM about Walsch being hesitant to give Bosh a max deal, the Raptors might wind up with Bosh by default. I mean unless Miami is giving him the max why is he going to leave Toronto? He already said he sees no point in negotiating the number on his contract, he believes he is an auto max player.

And yes Dash, I would do that deal in an instant with the Knicks pick involved.

I can't wait until Bosh becomes a top 5 player because he isn't in Toronto.

To the above you are [expletive]ing pissing me off, Toronto isn't going anywhere? The heat are like 2 games up on Toronto in the playoff race, give me a break dude. You act like Miami is some promiseland when all they have is Wade, Beas and trash, and nice weather.

OKC is the place I would love to see Bosh go.

Edited by travesy3

Bosh might be better suited to be a number 2 guy, but as I would expect you know nothing about the situation and Bosh has stated on multiple occasion he would rather be the number 1 man. It isn't about what makes sense, it is about what Bosh is thinking, neither of us know what he is going to do.

I have been thinking about it lately more, and after the Knicks article on RGM about Walsch being hesitant to give Bosh a max deal, the Raptors might wind up with Bosh by default. I mean unless Miami is giving him the max why is he going to leave Toronto? He already said he sees no point in negotiating the number on his contract, he believes he is an auto max player.

And yes Dash, I would do that deal in an instant with the Knicks pick involved.

I can't wait until Bosh becomes a top 5 player because he isn't in Toronto.

To the above you are [expletive]ing pissing me off, Toronto isn't going anywhere? The heat are like 2 games up on Toronto in the playoff race, give me a break dude. You act like Miami is some promiseland when all they have is Wade, Beas and trash, and nice weather.

OKC is the place I would love to see Bosh go.

I guess you didn't read the thread that asked who had a worse future than Toronto?

Miami's future is just as up in the air as Toronto's is right now.

That's why I dislike the Miami fans acting like it's guaranteed they'll sign LeBron or Bosh. So cocky and arrogant. I'm not waltzing around here saying we could get Bosh because I have realistic expectations and don't expect the perfect fantasy to come to my city.

That's why I dislike the Miami fans acting like it's guaranteed they'll sign LeBron or Bosh. So cocky and arrogant. I'm not waltzing around here saying we could get Bosh because I have realistic expectations and don't expect the perfect fantasy to come to my city.

The reality for the Heat is this. Either the Heat get a "big time" FA (LeBron, Bosh, Amar'e, or Johnson), or the Heat lose Wade. Recognizing that Wade has said multiple times that he wants to stay in Miami, and free agents like Boozer and Amar'e have both expressed interest in joining the Heat, I think the most likely thing to happen is that Wade stays... which also means what? You fill in the blank. ;)

No one says LeBron is sure thing lol. Most Miami fans know its a dream scenario at best. Bosh, not so much as its been rumored since last season. Plus, both Marc Stein and Wojnarowski(sp) from Yahoo have said that Miami is Amare's first choice if he leaves Phoenix and Boozer is dying to play here as well.

Of course your not gonna say you can land Bosh...you don't have cap space. Not sure where that awesome argument came from but Miami actually has the space to add a max contract.

Why would Wade want to go to Chicago and have his ex-wife breathing down his neck at all times? He runs this city. Miami will always be Wade County as long as he's here. Chicago's always gonna be you know who's town.

Why would Wade want to go to Chicago and have his ex-wife breathing down his neck at all times? He runs this city. Miami will always be Wade County as long as he's here. Chicago's always gonna be you know who's town.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FTdfjzf670o/SbXotGV5-qI/AAAAAAAABow/G910uRwvRrA/s400/wade_el_heat.jpg

"THIS IS MY HOUSE!!"

^^ Exactly. Even his boy Barkley says he's staying. I'm really not worried especially if we get the 5th seed because we can beat Atlanta. I know we can.

I wasn't worried to begin with :D

BTW

Heat Road Record: 18-18

Hawks Road Record: 17-19

And remember the schedule? The Heat could have a 23-18 road record to finish the year, while the Hawks face tougher teams (Cleveland, Charlotte, Detroit, Washington, Milwaukee). So while the Hawks have a dominating home record, they have a losing record on the road (which can define the team's overall toughness), and the Heat have been the better road team AND have blown them out on their home court in the playoffs before ;)

I'm not getting into the whole discussion about how Bosh will be playing in Miami, Oklahoma City, New York, Chicago, China, Venezuela or basically anywhere other than Toronto next season because I'm tired of discussing about it but I will post about the original question of this thread (which I think was posted with the intention of this topic turning into a Bosh to Miami situation anyways, :lol:).

All you have to do is look at the stats and you will see that Bosh hasn't been playing at nearly the same level post All-Star break than he was pre All-Star break. You literally don't even have to have watched him play a single minute in my opinion. Just look at the numbers.

Pre All-Star Break

24.4 ppg l 11.4 rpg (3 offensive) l 52.6 FG% l 8.8 FTA l 2.3 topg in 36.2 mpg

post All-Star Break

21.7 ppg l 9.1 rpg (1.9 offensive) l 47.0 FG% l 6 FTA l 2.8 topg in 36.6 mpg

Before the All-Star Break Bosh had only one month of the season in which he grabbed under 11 boards a game and averaged at least 24 ppg in every month aside from one (21.8).

During this time the Raptors have manged to go from 29-23 to 35-37.

The substantial decrease in his numbers can be attributed to two things:

1. His knees are still bothering and he isn't at 100%.

2. He has mailed it in and is looking towards the offseason.