I know you guys want Wade but..

Flash

Don't you think you guy would be better off signing a guy like Joe Johnson who can hit shots from the perimeter? Dwyane is great and all but he plays a lot like Rose and the Bulls have absolutely no outside shooters minus maybe Hinrich. I'm trying not to be a homer here but I feel like JJ would be the Bulls best option because he won't command the Max and will let them sign another solid player.

Don't you think you guy would be better off signing a guy like Joe Johnson who can hit shots from the perimeter? Dwyane is great and all but he plays a lot like Rose and the Bulls have absolutely no outside shooters minus maybe Hinrich. I'm trying not to be a homer here but I feel like JJ would be the Bulls best option because he won't command the Max and will let them sign another solid player.

Why wouldn't a player like him command the max?

Why wouldn't a player like him command the max?

You think Joe Johnson is worth a max contract? I'm not sure I'd pay him the max if I were a GM. The only max guys out there IMO are Wade, Bron and Bosh(assuming he gives a little more effort than he is right now).

You think Joe Johnson is worth a max contract? I'm not sure I'd pay him the max if I were a GM. The only max guys out there IMO are Wade, Bron and Bosh(assuming he gives a little more effort than he is right now).

I'd definitely consider him a max contract player. He's the franchise player on one of the best teams in the entire league and is the biggest reason for their success; a true consistent leader and can come up big in the post season. There are multiple teams in the league that would be willing to give him a max contract.

JJ does make sense but only as a fallback plan in case Dwayne resigns with Miami or heads elsewhere. Wade is on a whole 'nother level, no team in their right mind would take JJ over Wade.

Besides why would JJ trade down to the Bulls when he already has a great, great team in the Hawks?

I'd definitely consider him a max contract player. He's the franchise player on one of the best teams in the entire league and is the biggest reason for their success; a true consistent leader and can come up big in the post season. There are multiple teams in the league that would be willing to give him a max contract.

Meh, the Hawks have a great group of players but I do agree he's the best player there. I'm just not sure if I'd give him a max deal. However, if you're the Bulls, who would you go for? I just don't see Wade fitting well with them.

• Owner

I don't see how he couldn't fit, really. When Chalmers was playing good, Wade was free to tear into teams. He had the option to pick and choose when and where he attacked, and the Heat were pretty damn good.

That was also the case when Arroyo was playing good, for a while.

Wade needs a point guard who can run the offense, and feed him the ball when necessary. Rose is an unselfish player, and he's very good at attacking the rim, just as Wade. When you stick two guys, who demand a double, on the same team...all you need is a forward that can score, and Chicago has that in Luol Deng, if he can stay healthy.

Plus, they could land Wade and STILL go after Boozer in a trade. That would be devastating to the East.

Meh, the Hawks have a great group of players but I do agree he's the best player there. I'm just not sure if I'd give him a max deal. However, if you're the Bulls, who would you go for? I just don't see Wade fitting well with them.

Well from the Bulls point of view I would definitely shoot for Wade no question, with JJ as the alternative. I could see Wade being a great fit, but I do understand your skepticism about having ball dominant slashing guards on the same team, which could do more harm than good.

• Owner

How could they get Boozer? Do you mean with Deng or something or with cap?

It would more than likely take Deng, yes. Boozer to Chicago was rumored right before the trade deadline, actually...but Chicago started trading their pieces away (Salmons to Bucks, Tyrus to Bobcats), so even if there was a chance, it just didn't happen.

Word is that the Jazz are still interested in shopping Boozer this summer anyway...and seeing that the Bulls and Heat were the two East teams most interested in him, I'd imagine Chicago would make another play at him right before the draft.

Honestly, do you think that you would be making this thread if you weren't a Heat fan? I don't mean anything by that but I definitely think that played a part in the making of this thread.

I mean think about it, why would a team go after Joe Johnson instead of Dwyane Wade? No GM in the NBA would consider taking Johnson over Wade. Wade is a top 3 player in the NBA who is in the prime of his career. He has shown the ability to lead an average supporting cast into the playoffs and take over an entire series. The only thing that Johnson does better than Wade is shot 3 pointers. Wade has him beat in basically every single other aspect of the game.

Then you also have to consider that Wade is going to make you more money than Joe Johnson ever would. That would definitely figure into the equation as well.

Brandon did a good job of explaining why Wade would fit in fine with the Bulls so I'm not going to say anything about that.

The bottom line is that if you are able to land Dwyane Wade, you do it. You don't choose Johnson over Wade if you are the Bulls, or any other team.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but Wade > Johnson no matter what. Only go after JJ if LeBron, Bosh, Wade, and maybe even Amar'e are no longer available.

Wade won't be available, anyway. He WILL stay in Miami.

Edited by Poe

No one will take Johnson if Wade is an option.That's for sure.But if I was Gar Forman (or any other GM) and I had the opportunity to sign D-Wade OR Joe Johnson + someone else (David Lee, for example),I'd prefer to sign two very good players instead of one superstar.

P.S - If I was GM,I'd never give JJ a max contract.