T-Mac Interested In Signing With Magic

Tracy McGrady said on Wednesday that he is interested in signing next season with Orlando.

"Of course because it's home, that's home," McGrady said. "I hated it that I left. I hated I left because I established myself there and made a name for myself. It was a situation where the GM [John Weisbrod] that was there made a huge mistake."

Weisbrod, whose has since been fired, traded McGrady in 2004 in a deal for Steve Francis.

"They got him out of there because he was out of his mind," McGrady said of Weisbrod.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65696/20100401/t_mac_interested_in_signing_with_magic/

Back in Orlando paired with Vince Carter once again, that would be kinda cool.

It would be a cool situation for those 2 to finish their careers together basically at home. Although I would love to have T-Mac in Miami this would be a really cool scenario for Tracy & Vince.

Would Magic fans even want him back?

Me personally... probably not. I mean would Vince play and start at SF? I think it would be a nostalgic move for fans, and special for Carter and him. I mean if we did it I wouldn't hate it or anything, but I don't really feel like we should necessarily pay him big bucks to come finish here.

I mean would Vince play and start at SF?

McGrady was an All-NBA teamer at SF. Why would we move Carter when McGrady is much more suited to a SF position?

I'd love McGrady on the Magic. Too bad the Magic have only the MLE to offer McGrady.. which now that I think about it, might be enough to for McGrady.

Me personally... probably not. I mean would Vince play and start at SF? I think it would be a nostalgic move for fans, and special for Carter and him. I mean if we did it I wouldn't hate it or anything, but I don't really feel like we should necessarily pay him big bucks to come finish here.

You would really put Carter at the 3 with McGrady at the 2? McGrady earned his stardom playing the small forward position while VC has been a shooting guard virtually his entire career.

Yeah T-Mac at the 3 and Vince at the 2 would be an awesome pairing IMO. If he's healthy its an upgrade over Barnes IMO or anyone else the Magic use to play that spot not names Vince.