Suns To Sign Dwayne Jones For The Season

Sun Tzu

Dwayne Jones will be signing with the Phoenix Suns for the rest of the season according to sources close to the situation.

Jones, a 6-foot-11 big man with the Austin Toros, has put up outstanding numbers this season, averaging 17.6 points, 16.0 rebounds and 1.8 blocks while shooting 60% from the field.

Oddly enough, that hadn't earned him a call-up until this afternoon, though he did have two publicized tryouts - first with the Portland Trail Blazers and most recently with the Dallas Mavericks.

I've went from being a proponent of his game, to down on his game, to being amazed that he isn't getting called up to even trying to pretend I knew why it was that he hadn't had a call-up. It was all just to make myself seem okay with it, to think that it was somehow acceptable for the NBA to pass on a guy that had simply dominated the glass like Jones has this season.

The main factor here is that Suns fans won't be terribly mad about this, it seems, as Jones ranked second in D-League call-ups to replace Jarron Collins in my poll earlier this week. Of course, they said they'd rather just stick with Collins before calling him up, but this is good.

Now let's just hope he plays more for them than Courtney Sims ever did.

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2010/4/2/1402522/suns-to-sign-dwayne-jones-for-the

Here's a screenshot of his stats

http://i43.tinypic.com/2qk8qht.jpg

Edited by Sun Tzu

He was on the Cavs for two seasons and barely played. I always wondered why he didn't play because he was so good in the d-league. But he wasn't that good after we invested the time in him. But he continues to be dominant in the d-league so I guess why not give him another shot.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest