Raptors/Bulls

The Regime

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both teams are currently tied at 38-40, but the Raptors have the tiebreaker thus they are 8th seed for the time being.

The Raptors have 4 games remaining on their schedule, @ Atlanta, vs. Chicago, @ Detriot, and vs. New York. The schedule isnt tough at all and they probably could go 3-1 to finish the season. The injuries to Bosh, Hedo, and Jack could not have come at a worse time though, it'll be interesting to see how they finish.

The Bulls also have four games remaining on their schedule, @ New Jersey, @ Toronto, vs. Boston, and @ Charlotte. That's definitly have a tougher schedule to finish the season, but they are healthier compared to the Raptors. Also Derrick Rose did guarantee a playoff spot so you have to think that he'll be determined to finish the season off strong. The next two games for the Bulls should be winnable, and I think the Bulls will need to win atleast one game out of the last two. I have a strong feeling that the April 11th meeting will be the deciding factor.

If the Raptos win today against the Bulls, I think that they have pretty much wrapped up the 8th seed.

I know that they would only have a 1 game advantage over the Bulls with 2 games left for each team, which doesn't seem like a very secure lead, especially with the Raptors missing Bosh, and possibly Wright, for the season, having players like Turkoglu and Jack banged up as well and on a 4 game losing streak, but Toronto has the tiebreaker over the Bulls so that really gives the Raptors an edge as all they have to do is match the Bulls record, while the Bulls have to surpass the Raptors record.

I know that it isn't very "glorious" or whatever you want to call it, to get into the playoffs because of a tiebreaker, but with the way that the Raptors have been hit with injuries and have sputtered since the All-Star break, I'll be happy with the playoffs no matter how they get in.

The Bulls also have four games remaining on their schedule, @ New Jersey, @ Toronto, vs. Boston, and @ Charlotte. That's definitly have a tougher schedule to finish the season

I don't know if I would say that the Bulls schedule is harder than the Raptors. I know that Boston and Charlotte are clearly better teams than the Knicks and the Pistons, but you have to factor in that the Celtics and Bobcats already have their playoff spots locked up and may not have anything to play for, which means they would rest their better players.

Boston is still trying to catch Atlanta, but if Atlanta wins one more game they would be out of reach of the Celtics, and even then, Boston has started to rest players like Garnett already and I'm not sure how worried they are with getting the 3rd seed.

The Bobcats don't really have any shot at catching Miami or Milwaukee for the 5th seed either, so there is a very good possibility that they will rest guys like Wallace and Jackson.

With Toronto's remaining schedule, they are playing two teams that have absolutely nothing to play for which makes them two very dangerous teams. Teams like Detroit and New York are looking to play the role of spoiler, and that could be more threatening than playing two teams that have nothing to play for. I'm sure that Detroit, and especially New York being a division rival, would love to ruin Toronto's season and make them miss the playoffs.

If the Raptors win today than I think they have basically locked up that final playoff spot (although it is no guarntee) and if the Bulls win they control their own destiny and can make it very difficult on the Raptors. Like you said, this game today could be the deciding factor on who makes and misses the playoffs, especially if the Raptors win.

I want the Bulls to make it. I want the raps to get the pick back and there is no point being swept by the Cavs with most of our players hurt. Injuries have killed us in the 2nd half of the season.

Bulls will go 2-2, Raptors will have to go 1-3 to miss, it is a shame because I see us stealing a game and going 2-2, I really want us to miss the po's. I think in the end we will make the playoffs and get owned.

I rather want Raps to go to playoffs. They need the playoff experience! Another pick wont effing help.