Republicans

Then your restriction has no point, as I said earlier. What's the difference if it's made "official" or not? I don't have "Christian papers" or a tattoo saying I'm a Christian. You don't go report it to the government.

Saying parents can't make their kids "official Christians" yet they can teach them the Bible and take them to church...doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Do you have an atheist card to prove you're officially an atheist, or do you just say you are?

How does one become an official Christian?

You dont became an official anything, government papers dont even ask what your religion is, the census didnt ask what the religion is, when they do surveys when it comes to religious views, its basically random, when you say you are part of a religion, or agnostic or atheist, there is nothing official about it.

• Owner

You dont became an official anything, government papers dont even ask what your religion is, the census didnt ask what the religion is, when they do surveys when it comes to religious views, its basically random, when you say you are part of a religion, or agnostic or atheist, there is nothing official about it.

I know, haha...that's why I don't understand the purpose of restricting something like that, when it really doesn't exist in the first place, and it serves no purpose.

Okay, well I guess my idea sucked. I still find it unfair for parents to predispose their children into unquestionably believing the same religion that their parents happen to believe. Instead, I feel parents should give their children a broader, unbiased perspective on all religions and then letting them decide as an individual. Since I can't interfere with how parents choose to raise their kids, I felt my suggested rule could perhaps, in a way, help kids understand religion as a choice versus a must. Perhaps there is a different rule that could be set in place, or maybe no rule at all is best and have some alternative instead, like teaching all religion in schools in an unbiased manner.

Edited by Poe

I agree with you Poe, it is terrible that people base their religion on their family members and not what they learn, believe, and decide. You aren't a Christian because your parents were, you're a Christian because you've read and believe the Bible and plan to live your life by it. Most people are so ignorant of the Christian religion and then call themselves Christians that it's maddening.

But, there's no way to prevent it. You have to hope that these kids will be able to make their own decisions once they're grown, and that they'll actually take the time to learn and understand whatever religion it is that they do decide to practice.

Republican thread morphed completely into a religion thread. lol

The Tea Party thread is even better. Its basically everyone saying Sarah Palin has no brain etc. rather than talk about her politics, the tea parties stance on things or anything to do with politics. It was more just bashing the protestors and all that other good stuff. No facts.

Edited by Flash

The Tea Party thread is even better. Its basically everyone saying Sarah Palin has no brain etc. rather than talk about her politics, the tea parties stance on things or anything to do with politics. It was more just bashing the protestors and all that other good stuff. No facts.

Sarah Palin doesn't have a brain. That's a fact. She couldn't even answer a simple question regarding the Supreme Court... she had to attend four different colleges (two of them community) before she could get her bachelors... she can't say a coherent sentence consistently...

Do you guys remember that classic moment on Katie Couric when she was asked about how McCain usually sides with less regulation in the Senate and she responded with, "He's also known as the maverick, though." And Katie asked her to stop belaboring the point and give her a specific example of McCain pushing for more regulation , and she responded with, "I'll try to find something and bring them to ya." Haha, what a [expletive]ing idiot.

Edit: I would also like to add that anybody who thinks she resigned as governor for anything other than money is a [expletive]ing idiot. Her salary as governor was near $120,000 a year... since her resignation she's made over $12 million.

Edited by OldChili