GM1: Utah @ Denver

Real Deal

• Owner

Wow, nobody cares about this game, haha.

Okur destroyed his ankle...not returning, getting an MRI to see what his status is for the rest of the series.

Boozer is playing like he's 100% healthy out there, and Miles was tearing it up.

Denver and Utah can't figure out who wants to lead, so it's back and forth.

Ah, and Kenyon Martin is arguably Denver's MVP.

• Owner

Im not sure who I want to win this series. Im rootin for Utah, but it doesnt really matter cause wel be facing either team in round 2.

Don't care which we play, really. Utah would get ran, Denver would lose in six. I'd rather play Utah so we could get some rest, but I can't root for the Jazz, ever.

Can't really root for either. Pretty tough.

Don't care which we play, really. Utah would get ran, Denver would lose in six. I'd rather play Utah so we could get some rest, but I can't root for the Jazz, ever.

Im not really sure we can make a prediction like that atm, we have played so terrible lately and the injuries just keep piling up. Kobe looks like hes done, im confident he will get going again but its been a struggle for him. Tomorrow will be very important to see if we can get back to the level of play we are accustomed to.

I thought u liked Denver B? I know u kinda liked them like a couple years ago but im guessing that big fight u and snake had last year caused u to hate the team more? No hard feeling just wondering tho.

• Owner

Why is that?

Too many fans hating on Kobe (big time, during games) and the Fisher incident topped it off (where a couple of fans were holding their eye, poking fun at Fisher's daughter's eye cancer).

I thought u liked Denver B? I know u kinda liked them like a couple years ago but im guessing that big fight u and snake had last year caused u to hate the team more? No hard feeling just wondering tho.

Nah, I really don't like any other West teams, with the exception of the Thunder (and only because they are in OKC). Denver has too many players I can't stand. JR Smith is way too cocky for his skillset, Melo laughs off a lot of his losses, I never liked K-Mart even in his days with the Nets, and even though I feel sorry for him and his situation, George Karl has always been annoying.

All in my opinion, of course.

Too many fans hating on Kobe (big time, during games) and the Fisher incident topped it off (where a couple of fans were holding their eye, poking fun at Fisher's daughter's eye cancer).

oh yeah I remember that, that was super eff'd up.

Jazz are letting this game slip away, and now Williams misses both free throws. -_-

Watching the Nuggets play tonight makes me wonder how the heck we beat them by so much, even though they didn't have K-Mart when we played them. :o

It prob just a bad game for us. No1 really got in a rhyme like u guys did but it was only one game tho.

damn. smith-melo 1-2 punch right here. Nothing Jazz could really do about it. Then again, this was on their homecourt. This may turn out to 7 games with each team winning at their own home court.

EDIT: Actually, I take that back. Nuggets in 6. Jazz played a good game too but didn't match up in the end.

Edited by Lemon

It prob just a bad game for us. No1 really got in a rhyme like u guys did but it was only one game tho.

Yeah must've been. The last few minutes of tonights game was ... wow. You guys just kept scoring.

KMart is arguably our MVP? You can make several cases for different guys.

- Melo dropped 42 pts on 72% shooting...

- Afflalo and Ty were the reason why we hung around in the first half

- Billups is the MVP of the lockerroom chemistry (he's the leader of the leader) and hit a dagger 3 over Deron with 3 mins left. But a big thing about Billups is he seems to recognize his own shortcoming, which is "fatigue" and he's willing to let Ty take over and shine... while he rests and help AD manage the team from the sideline... that's someone who can follow as well as he can lead, the ultimate sign of a true leader

- J.R. turned a close game into a tough game for the Jazz... he's the one guy on our team who has the ability to turn a game quickly

- KMart's D was great

- But so was Bird's, hustling and made conscious effort to box out (something Nene and even KMart fails to consistently do) and rebound

- Nene was aggressive against their bigs, important judging by his unselfish standard, and set the tone for us as we repeatedly went to him throughout the game

- You can't pinpoint who is the coach of our team... AD takes the reign because someone has to be the "official" acting head coach... but if you take a look closer to our bench, there's noone louder than the next guy, except prob AD himself lol... everyone from AD, Iske, Welsch, Augmon, Moshley, to the players like AC, Allen, even Balkman, and even Hess are in this together to coach this team...

I think it's more of a chip in from everyone. Not a one guy effort... I love the camaraderie of the team... they (players + coaches) seem to make an extra effort to stick together to the team's mission in GK's absence... We were very patient offensively in the first half, you could have mistaken us for the Spurs. It was not about all Melo and we let the offense flow through different guys by moving the ball and hitting the open guys... an effort from a collective group. I'd never felt more encouraged at any point about our chances to win it all :glasses: in my Nugget fandom. No GK for stretches could be the best thing to happen to this team.

Edited by SnakefromHell