New Taunting Rule

La Bomba

Personally, I have no problem with the way it is now. I don't see how a ref can determine whether or not something is celebrating or taunting. Taking away yards at the kickoff is fine, but taking away a touchdown plus 10-15 yards is excessive if you ask me.

Thoughts?

Beginning in 2011, live-ball penalties will be assessed from the spot of the foul and eliminate the score. Examples include players finishing touchdown runs by high-stepping into the end zone or pointing the ball toward an opponent.

Celebration penalties following a score will continue to be assessed on conversion attempts or the ensuing kickoff.

Crazy.

They were saying on College Football Live that the Malcolm Floyd touchdown vs. Michigan would be considered taunting. Basically you take a team's hard earned touchdown because of celebrating five yards before getting in the endzone. Stupid.

My bad... I thought this was in the NFL section. :P

Either way, a rule like this is garbage. They earned the touch down taunting or not, no sense in taking it away. Rules like this will certainly take away viewers and make the game less appealing.

How do rules like this even pass? Sure, maybe they shouldn't be taunting in college... but taking away the entire touchdown because of it? Absurd.

Edited by Jenneral

This is bull [expletive].

No Fun League.

There professionals, let them have fun. That is what the people pay to see. Every season I like the NFL less and less. In fact this season I actually enjoyed the NBA much more than the NFL (first time ever). The NFL is doing everything it can possibly do to turn away its' fans.

This is a college rule dude.

Another thing they added was the ban on the eye-black message. Seriously, that is probably the worst thing I have ever heard of. I know it's not a big deal at all but people should be able to put what they want as long as it's appropriate. I know a lot of players put bible verses and stuff about friends of family who have died as their message and they should be allowed to do that.

• 5 weeks later...