Memphis Closing In On Iverson

xx.

Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley wants to meet with Allen Iverson and is seriously considering a one-year, $5 million offer, according to team insiders.

The Memphis front office is split on whether or not signing Iverson would be a wise move. The final decision will rest with Heisley.

Link

I don't get how it will really sell tickets. Did Iverson sell in Detroit well? The arena looked empty usually when the Cavs played them during the regular season.

Bad move by Memphis. They should build on their current team and save the money.

Iverson should be on a team like Sacramento, Charlotte, etc...with no real star. Imo, Memphis has stars in Gay and Mayo.

But Martin isn't as aggressive and mainly shoots spot up jumpers.

Evans will soon become a beast. He doesn't need Iverson [expletive]ing him up.

Martin is good too. The only team I see Iverson doing good with is with the Bucks or possibly the Warriors since Nellie would let him do anything he wants.

I dont think Memphis would be too bad for Iverson, its just for 1 year anyway. But he would take shots away from Mayo/Gay, so that wouldnt be helpful, but he could give them another scoring touch. I'm guessing hes out to prove he can still play in this league, and will play with a chip on his shoulder.

Edited by bluedevil