Mehmet Okur Out For Playoffs

The Jazz have confirmed that Mehmet Okur has a ruptured Achilles and will miss three to six months.

The Jazz will be forced to start either Kyrylo Fesenko or Kosta Koufos in Game 2 against Denver.

Carlos Boozer told the Salt Lake Tribune that Okur had tears in his eyes following the game due to the sobering realization that his season is over.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/66049/20100418/okur_out_three_to_six_months/#ixzz0lUCyS1V0

Big blow to the Jazz.

Even if Okur hasn't played that great this season, his ability to space the floor opens up the lane for Boozer to work down low, Williams to attack from the top of the circle and it gives the Boozer/Williams pick and roll so much more room to work with as well.

I don't have any doubts that Williams and Boozer are still going to be able to get theirs, but without Okur and Kirilenko in the lineup, you have to wonder if they have enough secondary talent to win this series.

After seeing what this injury did to Elton Brand I'd be a bit worried about Okur. He was already limited in mobility. When I read the part about tears coming to his eyes once he realized his season was over, I got shivers.

• Owner

Don't think they will miss him that much, honestly. While he does space the floor, he's also a horrific defensive player, and he's pretty bad reading situations desperately calling for his help defense. Fesenko won't drop as many points in a game as Okur, but he will probably contest more shots down the stretch.

Really, the Jazz have lacked defense up front for quite some time, minus Kirilenko (who is more of a perimeter defender, actually), so the biggest thing is to make up for Okur's three-ball.