Eagles trading w/ KC for Berry?

Guest Need4Sheed

Guest Need4Sheed
An interesting article is coming out of ESPN.com this morning. Sal Paolantonio has an in-depth explanation as to why the Eagles need a defensive playmaker and why Eric Berry might be the choice.

According to Paolantonio, citing "multiple league sources", the Eagles are indeed looking to move into the top ten to make a run at Berry. Paolantonio suggests the Chiefs as the best trade partner (as did we).

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/4/20/1432347/report-eagles-first-option-is

Berry is the best player in the draft IMO. People have slept on him throughout the whole pro day/combine process but the best football player in this draft is Eric Berry. HUGE move for the Eagles if they can get that done.

Although I take most of Sal Pal's things with a grain of salt...

I'd still hump my TV if we manage to get Berry.

Plus Berry wants to be an Eagle.....MAKE IT HAPPEN HOWIE.

Guest Need4Sheed

Sal Pal is good man.

He tells what he hears.

He never makes predictions either.

He is one of the most legit reporters and has valid Eagles insiders IMO.

Sal Pal is good man.

He tells what he hears.

He never makes predictions either.

He is one of the most legit reporters and has valid Eagles insiders IMO.

Well he's not BAD don't get me wrong.

Idk, I just take alot of the things he says as just speculation.

Supposedly KC wants #24, #37, #55.

I don't know if I would do that. I'd rather keep #37 at least.

Seems to match up on the pick value chart, Chiefs pick is worth 1700 and the Eagles trio is worth 1620. I guess it boils down to quality or quantity (not that anything in the draft is a sure bet and guaranteed quality at all).

Seems to match up on the pick value chart, Chiefs pick is worth 1700 and the Eagles trio is worth 1620. I guess it boils down to quality or quantity (not that anything in the draft is a sure bet and guaranteed quality at all).

It's not even that, but more than likely one of the top CBs will still be available by then(I'm guessing Wilson or McCourty(sp)...would just like to see Philly target one with #37.

Supposedly KC wants #24, #37, #55.

I don't know if I would do that. I'd rather keep #37 at least.

That's basically 2 picks, for 1, since we are basically swapping 1sts.

We'll still end up with 3 picks in the first 3 rounds if this trade goes through.

Eric Berry is the closest "sure thing" prospect in the draft. Drafting him would immediately bolster our secondary, and our defense, not to mention the guy is extremely young. I'd see if we could swap 2nd rounders and deal ours instead of the Skins, but if that can't happen, I think I still pull the trigger.

Get Berry with the 5th pick. Draft CB/OL/DE with the next two. I think the team will be scary.

I also wouldn't mind if we just stay pat and use up our picks. Get more depth and talent that way. No matter what happens, the Eagles have a lot to work with. I'm very excited for draft day. I have high expectations as well so they better not disappoint.

Edited by Artesticle

:lol: Yeah that was really taken out of context.

I meant Thomas would be the next choice because it wouldn't take as much to trade up for since he'll probably be taken within the 10-15 range.

i would not want the eagles to trade #24, #37, #55 for that 5th pick. eagles would be giving way too much.

if the eagles could trade maybe the 24, 55, and something small then i would absolutely do it. id rather trade up for thomas then trade the top 3 picks for berry though