Clippers Won't Go After Larry Brown

The Clippers won't try to lure head coach Larry Brown away from the Bobcats, according to a league source.

Los Angeles owner Donald Sterling entertained the idea after Brown inquired through intermediaries about succeeding Mike Dunleavy as coach and general manager, sources confirmed.

However, the primary list of candidates to coach the Clippers doesn't include Brown.

Interim coach Kim Hughes, ESPN analyst Mark Jackson, Mavericks assistant coach Dwane Casey, Rockets assistant Elston Turner and Knicks assistant Herb Williams are on the short list.

Link

Did anybody really expect Brown to consider going back and coaching the Clippers? I know that kept on hearing rumors about it, and I would've liked to see it happen, but I don't think that anybody really expected Brown and the Clippers to have a reunion.

The only one out of the list besides Turner, who I have no idea how good of a coach he is, that I think has potential as a head coach is Mark Jackson as Casey, Hughes and Williams have all acted as interim head coach before and all had a rather miserable record.