My Mock Draft

AboveLegit

Everyone else is creating one, I might as well. Had to do some research on a few teams before making their selections, so go easy on me.

1. St. Louis (1-15) Sam Bradford QB OU

Bradford this franchise needs a boost, and it all starts at the QB position.

2. Detroit (2-14) Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska

Suh is a no brainer, a lot of people have McCoy at this pick, because he fits the scheme better, but Suh's versatility as a nose or a three tech. makes him very valuable.

3. Tampa Bay (3-13) Gerald McCoy DT OU

Tampa is very happy to have him fall here, he is the explosive 3 tech. that this team has lacked since Sapp left.

4. Washington (4-12) Russell Okung OT OSU

They need a LT and aren’t 100 percent on Clausen. QB prospects next year are better.

5. Kansas City (4-12) Trent Williams OT OU

When this team prospered they did it in the trenches, and with Thomas Jones there, i see them getting back to that, Trent Williams, they are so happy to have the best tackle fall to them here. My favorite for that job is Trent, he has become the favorite here because of his athleticism, and because of experience in zone blocking.

6. Seattle (5-11) Brian Bulaga OT Iowa

I think they have to replace Walter Jones, and with another pick in the draft they can then address other needs, and with an investment in Whitehurst it seems like they wont take Clausen, I don't really see any other play for them to go unless they reach for Pierre Paul or Dez Bryant which is unlikely considering they have 2 picks.

7. Cleveland (5-11) Eric Berry S Tennesse

This is definitely not a needs based selection here, the Browns have so many needs, but Berry is too good to pass up here with this pick, hes an Ed Reed type player and can make an impact on any defense.

8. Oakland (5-11) Anthony Davis OT Rutgers

This is definitely one of the most interesting picks, but with Cables last conference I think the Raiders pass on Mays, and Bruce Campbell from Maryland. I think Anthony Davis has a lot of questions about his work ethic which has him falling, but Cable wants a guy who can produce. I think they would love to have Bulaga fall into their lap, but it is highly unlikely, I don't really see anywhere else they can go, they can't draft another receiver, the only pick they may think about is Pierre Paul, because he is a freak at defensive end, which is another need, but like Cable said they're looking for production so they may surprise people by taking McClain or Morgan even though neither are spectacular athletes, and with no guarantee that they'll be a tackle left in the second they are forced to reach here.

9. Buffalo (6-10) Jimmy Clausen QB ND

As much as they talk about their QB's, there is no upside for either of those guys. So why not take the pro ready Clausen, and let him go in there and compete? The best three tackles are gone, and the defensive linemen are a reach so this seems like the smart pick.

10. Jacksonville (7-9) Derek Morgan DE GT

The Jaguars have needed a pass rusher for so long. They pass on Pierre, because they don't need another freak athlete, but Morgan is a great pass rusher.

11. Denver (from Chicago 7-9) Dez Bryant WR OSU

I think Denver will hesitate with this pick due to his off the field issues but this guy can play, and not mention the fact that this is the Broncos biggest need, I think this is a team that goes for the best player on the board which is Dez Bryant.

12. Miami (7-9) Pierre Paul DE USF

Either Pierre Paul or Dan Williams here... I think that they will Pierre Paul, he is an athletic freak, and they let go of both of their pass rushers this season, so they could definitely use another one here.

13. San Francisco (8-8) Joe Haden CB F

Joe Haden is the best corner in the draft, they have some aging corners and Haden could help them.

14. Seattle (from Denver 8-8) C.J. Spiller RB Clemson

Remember this team doesn't exactly have Alexander back there anymore, and he is clearly the best player left at this point, I think they pull the trigger on this pick.

15. New York Giants (8-8) Roland McClain ILB Alabama

Hes the leader, and an impact defensive player that this team is missing. He is a great steal at 15 and will help this team drastically.

16. Tennessee (8-8) Brandon Graham DE Michigan

I think they would be extremely disappointed to see Paul gone, and Graham might be a reach, but defensive end is the teams biggest need, and they need his motor to come in and be effective.

17. San Francisco (from Carolina 8-8) Mike Iupati OL Idaho

He is exactly what the team needs, he is a tough offensive linemen that has the ability to play either guard or right tackle for them and help them protect their quarterback.

18. Pittsburgh (9-7) Earl Thomas S Texas

Definitely one of the best players left on the board, he is a ball hawking safety, and should have the versatility to play corner as well.

19. Atlanta (9-7) Dan Williams DT Tennesse

With the top ends gone, the only thing left to reach for is Everrett Brown, I don't think they'll go in that direction, because they have enough projects. I think one of the best players left is Dan Williams, hes a solid defensive tackle, and I think would surprise a lot of people if he fell this far.

20. Houston (9-7) Ryan Mathews RB Fresno

Texans need a complementary back for Steve Slaton. This guy is the perfect fit.

21. Cincinnati (10-6) Jermaine Gresham TE OU

There biggest need is tight end, they don't have a starter, and while they will flirt with Mays, I think they will end up taking a tight end because this is a predominately offensive team.

22. New England (10-6) Jarid Odrick DT Penn state

This team missed a lot without Seymour, so I think he can bring some of the same things that they missed.

23. Green Bay (11-5) Bruce Campbell OT Maryland

Another tackle slides.... Aaron Rogers spent A LOT of time on his back last year so this should be a good pick.

24. Philadelphia (11-5) Taylor Mays S USC

They are more than happy to see Taylor Mays fall this far, he is the safety that this team needs after the loss of Brian Dawkins a few years back.

25. Baltimore (9-7) Devin McCourty CB Rutgers

With the top tight end in the draft and all three of the big time safeties gone they go with a corner to help fill for the loss of Rolle.

26. Arizona (10-6) Sergio Kindle DE/ OLB Texas

They need to add something to their pass rush, and he is the tweener that can get it done at either linebacker or defensive end, this team would be very happy to see him fall here.

27. Dallas (11-5) Rodger Saffold OT Indiana

With Flozelle being up and down, I think the biggest need is offensive tackle, this team takes Saffold over Cambell or Davis, because he has the most experience.

28. San Diego (13-3) Terrance Cody NT Alabama

Probably the best nose tackle in the draft which is important for a team that lost their starter in Williams.

29. New York Jets (9-7) Jerry Hughes DE TCU

He is a hybrid type player, and even though he is undersized he could be the tweener guy this team needs, especially with questions about Gholston.

30. Minnesota (12-4) Kareem Jackson CB Alabama

I'm not surprised to see if they would reach for him, teams are always willing to take chances on corners.

31. Indianapolis (14-2) Bruce Smith DT UCLA

Some teams worry about him being undersized, but he should do fine, Indy needs defensive line help and this could do well for them. They'll pass on Thomas because he isn't a great route runner.

32. New Orleans (13-3) Everrett Brown DE USC

The teams biggest need is defensive end, and Brown is a good athlete to add to the mix, and should be able to come in and help right away.

Mays is a great player who got dogged bad throughout this draft process at no fault of his own. I agree that he's not going at 13 and it would be a reach there, but only because of perception and draft values. I think he's there at the start of the 2nd round, and whoever gets him is getting tremendous value (yes, at safety... not linebacker).

They don't need a safety, as they had a vrey good core last season.

Mike Singlerary likes Taylor Mays, but he shouldn't want to draft him.

Mays could possibly get the starting job over Dashon Goldson, so why not try to make our defense better.

We have the #17 pick also as I said before so why not take Mays here and take an o-lineman or some other offensive player at the #13 pick.

Edited by Prodigy