LeBron Doesn't Agree With Charge Call

Cavaliers star LeBron James didn't agree with a foul called against him in the closing moments of Thursday night's Game 3 loss to the Bulls.

James charged into Chicago's Luol Deng with 1:18 remaining and the Bulls leading by six points. The play led to Kirk Hinrich extending Chicago's lead to 104-96 with under a minute left.

LeBron still didn't agree with the charge call after the game.

"I saw him backpedaling," James said. "Me as a driver, I'm watching the defender's feet. I'm seeing if he's stationed or is still moving. To me, I felt like he was still backpedaling, and as soon as I saw him backpedaling, that's when I decided to take off. They called a charge. I haven't seen the replay, but I know exactly what I've seen on the court with the defender right in front of me."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/66142/20100423/lebron_doesnt_agree_with_charge_call/

But LeBron is the KING! He is supposed to get every single call, what happened here?! He better have been on the phone with David Stern after the game and got this worked out!

"Though after the game I wondered if the Bulls were getting a raw deal as I saw league vice president Stu Jackson, who supervises officials and games, in private conversations with Cavs GM Danny Ferry and then with coach Mike Brown. It didn’t seem right the Cavs could do that much private lobbying after the game with the league official who potentially can have so much influence on the way the game is called."

http://blogs.bulls.com/chicago_bulls_blog/2010/04/bulls-get-cavs-attention-with-big-game-3-win.html

I hate this how everyone thinks we're always being helped. You know what, if we were, you'd think the Cavs would have won a title by now? You think LeBron would get more calls at the end of games?

But you know what, he doesn't. We still haven't won a ring and it's been seven years. And there's never been that huge controversial call with LeBron and usually he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

So let's stop this crap like he's cheating the whole league and the Cavs are stealing rings each year.

It's fact that James had the fewest fouls called against him of any superstar in the league this year. There was an eye-opening article earlier in the year that ran the numbers on fouls against and it was revealing how few were called on Bron. So he is no position to complain in general but can dispute an individual play obviously. What will be interesting is to see if the regular season pattern holds up for the playoffs.