Paul Pierce pushes Celtics past the Heat

What I don't understand is what Wright was thinking. He had a foul to give, and he's checking Paul Pierce—who only ever takes those shots from that spot—with sub-10 seconds left. Either take the foul or crowd him; there's zero reason to be playing the drive on that possession. Atrocious defense.

I don't think anyone made it known to the guys that we had a foul to give. That's happened multiple times this year and wouldn't shock me at all.

Miami's worst decision was not making Beasley the guy down the stretch with Wade cramping.

Fair enough, but how do you justify his defense on that play?

The defense wasn't good at all but Dorell played solid defense for the most part last night. Pierce had a hell of a game apparently.

I agree with His Greatness, terrible defense from Wright. Dorell normally relies on his length to bother shots, so he has a bad habit of sagging to take away drives thinking that his length alone will make the offensive player miss. Even worse was that Dorell allowed Pierce to go right, and everybody knows that Paul loves going right for that step-back into his sweet spot.

The foul part is on the whole team - Spo and the guys on the court. If someone would have told Wright to foul, he certainly would have done it.

Edited by Poe

I agree with His Greatness, terrible defense from Wright. Dorell normally relies on his length to bother shots, so he has a bad habit of sagging to take away drives thinking that his length alone will make the offensive player miss. Even worse was that Dorell allowed Pierce to go right, and everybody knows that Paul loves going right for that step-back into his sweet spot.

The foul part is on the whole team - Spo and the guys on the court. If someone would have told Wright to foul, he certainly would have done it.

I just don't know how we don't foul or at least double in that situation. Double Pierce with anyone who wasn't guarding Ray Allen and make Pierce go left against a double team or force the ball out of his hands and make someone else beat you at the buzzer.

I just don't know how we don't foul or at least double in that situation. Double Pierce with anyone who wasn't guarding Ray Allen and make Pierce go left against a double team or force the ball out of his hands and make someone else beat you at the buzzer.

Spo said he was expecting a Pierce - Garnett pick and roll (for some reason). Of course, that isn't an excuse. Spo should have known better. Maybe this loss will help him experience-wise, and may be a blessing in disguise when this team possibly faces this situation again next year in the NBA Finals, and the Heat wind up making the game-saving play due to Spo's coaching.

Spo said he was expecting a Pierce - Garnett pick and roll (for some reason). Of course, that isn't an excuse. Spo should have known better. Maybe this loss will help him experience-wise, and may be a blessing in disguise when this team possibly faces this situation again next year in the NBA Finals, and the Heat wind up making the game-saving play due to Spo's coaching.

If he's even here..

If he's even here..

Riley will step in if he feels that he needs to, and I actually do hope that happens. At the same time, I don't think Spo is nearly as bad of a coach as most Heat fans make him out to be, but the reality is that Riley is undeniably the much better coach, and having him coaching increases the chances of the Heat winning a championship.

Riley will step in if he feels that he needs to, and I actually do hope that happens. At the same time, I don't think Spo is nearly as bad of a coach as most Heat fans make him out to be, but the reality is that Riley is undeniably the much better coach, and having him coaching increases the chances of the Heat winning a championship.

I just don't think he's that great. We've been fortunate to have 2 excellent coaches here in Riles and SVG so now when we see a coach with horrible rotations and a horrible offensive strategy its tough, especially when you have 2 good coaches like Byron Scott and Avery Johnson without jobs.