If we dont repeat as champions this year

• Owner

Haha, nobody saw the game where Kobe suffered the avulsion fracture...just heard he got hurt.

Brewer was the guy that deflected the pass that literally destroyed Kobe's index finger. That was right before Christmas, if I remember right.

• Owner

Yes a single finger or hand is why you don't win the NBA championship even though you have two big men capable of averaging 20 and 10 as well as Lamar Odom and Ron Artest who can create a small bit of offense if needed. But no, the finger is the only problem.

No Kobe, no championship. Simple as that. I really hope you saw Game 4 against the Thunder, because feeding those big men all game was the biggest mistake we've made this season, and it showed just how much we need an aggressive, and effective, Kobe Bryant.

Kobe, Bynum and Gasol all attempted 10 shots, Odom with 12. All shot 50% from the field. The Lakers were ran out of the building because the bigs wouldn't pass out of the post, they didn't have the energy to rebound, and the passive Kobe didn't have the Thunder worried at all.

While the loss absolutely sucked, it was nice being right about Kobe needing to eat first.

If the Lakers fail to repeat Corey Brewer is about 12th in line.

1. Phil Jackson - The primary reason nothing was done at 1. The primary reason nothing was done deadline and no fa's were signed post deadline.

2. Mitch Kupchak - The secondary reason. How can you build a roster based on leveraging three bigs and have no one that can feed the low post?

3. Jerry Buss - Spending a mint, but the final payroll limitations also contributed to no 1.

4. Derek Fisher - Hello, I suck out loud.

5. David Lee - Trevor Ariza is worth 8M per, pay my ransom!

6. The bench - Hello, we suck just as much as Fisher, except for Odom.

7. The shooting - Can't hit the water from a rowboat.

8. Kobe Bryant - Chose to not have finger surgery and this is well before Brewer.

• Owner

If the Lakers fail to repeat Corey Brewer is about 12th in line.

1. Phil Jackson - The primary reason nothing was done at 1. The primary reason nothing was done deadline and no fa's were signed post deadline.

2. Mitch Kupchak - The secondary reason. How can you build a roster based on leveraging three bigs and have no one that can feed the low post?

3. Jerry Buss - Spending a mint, but the final payroll limitations also contributed to no 1.

4. Derek Fisher - Hello, I suck out loud.

5. David Lee - Trevor Ariza is worth 8M per, pay my ransom!

6. The bench - Hello, we suck just as much as Fisher, except for Odom.

7. The shooting - Can't hit the water from a rowboat.

8. Kobe Bryant - Chose to not have finger surgery and this is well before Brewer.

Hahaha...not much of a difference between 1-4 huh? ;)

With the roster we have now, there's absolutely no chance we win it all with Kobe's shot suffering like it has been. Zero chance. There could be this crazy situation where we make it out of the West, but Orlando and Cleveland would pound us without at least an 85% Kobe.

But yes, if we're traveling backwards and looking at last summer, we should've brought in a point guard. Buss should've accepted the Hinrich trade and paid the extra money. Winning championships makes money, and it should be a goal to build the champion at all costs.

I think Kobe would've been fine with the dislocation...but the avulsion fracture, and the ankle/knee, are bothering him the most. I don't believe the surgery was needed in the off-season, because even MJ played the final dynasty with a dislocated index finger...but the avulsion fracture needed attention immediately. The only problem was...the team wouldn't be a top seed had Kobe fixed it mid-season.

And while Artest is a better physical defensive player than Ariza, he sure the hell can't shoot to save his life, and we could use a spot-up shooter, badly.

Question Real is this, would Kobe have suffered the avulsion fracture if he had summer surgery on the finger? I'd say no, because the finger would have been much stronger. You can't just ignore a broken finger on your shooting hand for years, yet Kobe has and now he and the Lakers are paying the price for that. Comes due eventually.

Agreed on the rest. They won't repeat, but then I expected that coming into the playoffs unfortunately, I took Cleveland to win it over LA in the finals. Lack of chemistry, ball movement and cutting. Vulnerable to p/r and transition defensively. Poor perimeter shooting, very poor low post entry passing and the worst set of point guards in the NBA. Much as Artest's defense has been welcome his offense has them playing 4 on 5. They can't overcome playing 4 on 5 both ends unless Kobe can make up the difference. He can't.

• Owner

I called Kobe today and he told me he was faking all of this, so don't worry. :lol:

It kills me to know that it's gonna end this way, though. I hope Bryant skips the worlds this summer and fixes the finger, because it's just too devastating of an injury to overcome.

I called Kobe today and he told me he was faking all of this, so don't worry. :lol:

It kills me to know that it's gonna end this way, though. I hope Bryant skips the worlds this summer and fixes the finger, because it's just too devastating of an injury to overcome.

If we get bounced early he can get it fixed before the worlds :lol:

Or thank management for the Artest/Ariza flip flop. Imo, that's the difference. Ariza provided that spark to the Lakers offense, which they need more than even with Kobe's struggles.

Actually it was Ariza and his greedy [expletive] agent that led to his departure. We wanted him, Ariza was asking too much, im pretty sure we ended up paying less for Ron, which was a good move. Artest has anchored our defense, hes made life miserable for Durant individually, and we will need his defense even more in the next few rounds.

Its Artest's busted up hand that results in his inability to make wide open 3's.