Noahs ark found? Not so fast.

kingfish

Web sites are buzzing over claims that remains from Noah’s Ark may have been found on Turkey’s Mount Ararat. The finders, led by an evangelical group, say they are "99.9 percent" that a wooden structure found on the mountainside was part of a ship that housed the Biblical Noah, his family and a menagerie of creatures during a giant flood 4,800 years ago.

But researchers who have spent decades studying the region – and fending off past claims of ark discoveries – caution that a boatload of skepticism is in order.

Link

Hmmm.

I love how they mention that the people who think it's the Ark are evangelicals, but they don't mention the bias of those researchers who say it's not.

It's like saying that some Asians believe in string theory, but scientists who have studied it for years say it's wrong.

What bias? lol.

What parts of the Bible are reliable? Creation? Jesus' resurrection? Nothing?

Bold is correct.

I suggest you watch this video before you attempt a response:

Or better yet, check out this site that pinpoints every absurdity, injustice, cruelty, violence, intolerance, contradiction, and so forth that exists in the bible: http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/

Or best yet, actually take the time to read the bible.

• Like 1

Well most of Genesis is parables, i am not the most religious person so I don't really know what the rest of the bible talks about.

I don't think it's fair to decide that Genesis is allegorical if you aren't quite familiar with the Bible.

Bold is correct.

I suggest you watch this video before you attempt a response:

Or better yet, check out this site that pinpoints every absurdity, injustice, cruelty, violence, intolerance, contradiction, and so forth that exists in the bible: http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/

Or best yet, actually take the time to read the bible.

In your mind, I'm either an idiot, or I haven't read the Bible. I suppose I should be thankful that you assume the latter.

I'm not going to respond to a few thousand "arguments." Call that a victory if you want. But in general, everything on the site fell into a neat category (examples included):

1. Points out injustice, cruelty, etc. in the Bible. But I never said that the Bible was pleasant and delightful; I'm saying that it's true. Whether it's "cruel" makes no difference to its validity. In this contradiction, Jesus says that those who do not believe in Him are done for. You may not like it, you may not accept it, but Jesus being judgmental is not the same as Jesus being wrong.

2. Extrapolates a theological truth from a narrative. In this contradiction, Jesus says that a demon impaired the man. But saying that a particular man (that one mentioned in Mark) is blind because of demons is not the same as saying that foul spirits are the cause of blindness.

3. Unfair generalizations of Christians that the Bible doesn't support. In this contradiction, the author says that if Christians were just about loving each other, he'd be fine with them. But instead, they're an exclusive club who only love other Christians. It sickens me to admit to you that he's largely right, and I can't tell you how sorry I am that it's true. Maybe you've spoken to people who called themselves "Christians", but they don't act any different than the people who don't. They think that they're religious, and that following Biblical rules makes them a good person.

But simply because there are judgmental, hypocritical Christians doesn't mean that Jesus wanted that, or that the Bible endorses it. And I don't identify with them.

4. Technically incorrect scientific statements. In this contradiction, the author says that Jesus was wrong about the smallest seed. Yes, the mustard seed is not the smallest seed in existence. But if Jesus had discussed the kingdom of heaven in terms of epiphytic orchid seeds, everybody would have been lost. The mustard seed (which was familiar to his audience) was an analogy that made sense to them.

5. Pulling things out of context so clumsily that it insults the reader's intelligence. In this contradiction, he quotes Jesus' statement that all those who came before Him are robbers and thieves. If someone can't figure out that He was talking about all those false teachers who came before Him, there is no hope for him.

Side note: I bet you could make this author go CRAZY if you said that you were going outside for minute, and didn't return in 60 seconds. God help you describe a heavy downpour as "raining cats and dogs."

I realize you think the Bible is wrong. But please don't assume that I'm a moron, or that I haven't considered these things. If you ignore my 5 points, that's totally fine, and I won't bring them up again. Just please answer this: why do you think I'm trying to prove to you that the Bible is logically consistent? If I think I'm going to heaven for my faith in Christ, why do I care that you don't share that faith?

• Like 1

I don't think it's fair to decide that Genesis is allegorical if you aren't quite familiar with the Bible.

In your mind, I'm either an idiot, or I haven't read the Bible. I suppose I should be thankful that you assume the latter.

I'm not going to respond to a few thousand "arguments." Call that a victory if you want. But in general, everything on the site fell into a neat category (examples included):

1. Points out injustice, cruelty, etc. in the Bible. But I never said that the Bible was pleasant and delightful; I'm saying that it's true. Whether it's "cruel" makes no difference to its validity. In this contradiction, Jesus says that those who do not believe in Him are done for. You may not like it, you may not accept it, but Jesus being judgmental is not the same as Jesus being wrong.

2. Extrapolates a theological truth from a narrative. In this contradiction, Jesus says that a demon impaired the man. But saying that a particular man (that one mentioned in Mark) is blind because of demons is not the same as saying that foul spirits are the cause of blindness.

3. Unfair generalizations of Christians that the Bible doesn't support. In this contradiction, the author says that if Christians were just about loving each other, he'd be fine with them. But instead, they're an exclusive club who only love other Christians. It sickens me to admit to you that he's largely right, and I can't tell you how sorry I am that it's true. Maybe you've spoken to people who called themselves "Christians", but they don't act any different than the people who don't. They think that they're religious, and that following Biblical rules makes them a good person.

But simply because there are judgmental, hypocritical Christians doesn't mean that Jesus wanted that, or that the Bible endorses it. And I don't identify with them.

4. Technically incorrect scientific statements. In this contradiction, the author says that Jesus was wrong about the smallest seed. Yes, the mustard seed is not the smallest seed in existence. But if Jesus had discussed the kingdom of heaven in terms of epiphytic orchid seeds, everybody would have been lost. The mustard seed (which was familiar to his audience) was an analogy that made sense to them.

5. Pulling things out of context so clumsily that it insults the reader's intelligence. In this contradiction, he quotes Jesus' statement that all those who came before Him are robbers and thieves. If someone can't figure out that He was talking about all those false teachers who came before Him, there is no hope for him.

Side note: I bet you could make this author go CRAZY if you said that you were going outside for minute, and didn't return in 60 seconds. God help you describe a heavy downpour as "raining cats and dogs."

I realize you think the Bible is wrong. But please don't assume that I'm a moron, or that I haven't considered these things. If you ignore my 5 points, that's totally fine, and I won't bring them up again. Just please answer this: why do you think I'm trying to prove to you that the Bible is logically consistent? If I think I'm going to heaven for my faith in Christ, why do I care that you don't share that faith?

The Bible is God’s letter to humanity collected into 66 books written by 40 divinely inspired writers. These writers come from all walks of life (i.e., kings to fishermen) and spans over a period of 1,500 years or more. These claims may seem dramatic (or unrealistic to some), but a careful and honest study of the biblical scriptures will show them to be true.

Who Wrote the Bible - Evidence of Divine Inspiration

“Who wrote the Bible” is a question that can be definitively answered by examining the biblical texts in light of the external evidences that supports its claims. 2 Timothy 3:16 states that “All scripture is inspired by God….” In 2 Peter 1:20-21, Peter reminds the reader to “know this first of all, that no prophecy of scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, … but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.” The Bible itself tells us that it is God who is the author of His book

http://www.allabouttruth.org/who-wrote-the-bible.htm

Writers who had the holy ghost inside them wrote the bible, maybe some of them had different holy ghosts inside them?