Aldrich Would Like To Play For Hometown Wolves

Cole Aldrich is from Minnesota and he appears hopeful that he might end up with his hometown team.

"One of the things the Wolves lack on the defensive end is making it hard for people to score inside," Aldrich said at promotional appearance at Tiffany's Sports Lounge in St. Paul's Highland Park community. "I know turning the Wolves around won't be an overnight process, but I feel I could be an ignitor to help the program get back on its feet. This is my hometown."

Kevin Love and Aldrich have developed a close friendship, adding to Aldrich's interest in the Wolves. As much as Aldrich would like to pursue an NBA career in his hometown, it is uncertain if the Wolves will have a chance to select him.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/66589/20100515/aldrich_would_like_to_play_for_hometown_wolves/

• Owner

Minnesota won't take Aldrich over Wall or Turner, and possibly a few others (Favors, Johnson, Cousins).

Likely scenario, though, would be to trade the pick and snag a 6-10, and see if he falls there. Good chance he goes to the Pistons or Sixers around that time (can't think of what picks they have off the top of my head, though).

Hmmm, Rockets have 14th pick, and thats where he will likely be drafted, morey pull some strings.

I'd be amazed to see Cole drop to the 14th pick. Motiejunas would most likely fall to Houston before Aldrich, pending bad workouts.

Minnesota won't take Aldrich over Wall or Turner, and possibly a few others (Favors, Johnson, Cousins).

Likely scenario, though, would be to trade the pick and snag a 6-10, and see if he falls there. Good chance he goes to the Pistons or Sixers around that time (can't think of what picks they have off the top of my head, though).

I'd be amazed to see Cole drop to the 14th pick. Motiejunas would most likely fall to Houston before Aldrich, pending bad workouts.

Motiejunas > Aldrich

So if he does drop, then hell yeah.