GM1: Phoenix @ LA Lakers

We played well overall even though we lost, Lakers just couldn't miss. Offensively we played decent, our 3's just weren't dropping. Defensively, just too many easy shots for the Lakers, it was frustrating to see our lack of effort on defense throughout the game. Odom had a 19 and 19 game going on today which is absolutely crazy, someone needs to match his energy and make sure he's not a factor in this series. Our only bright spots in this game were Dragic, Barbosa, and Robin, other than that nobody stepped up this game. Not whining or anything but the fouls were crazy this game, Hill waved his hand at the official and get a technical for it. I guess you can pick up fouls these days for playing hard and aggressive like Hill did today on Kobe.

At the end of the day you have to give credit to Kobe L.A. for making their shots and executing throughout the game, they definitely will not do that next game. By the end of Wednesday I have full confidence that the series will be tied 1-1 heading to Phoenix.

Not whining or anything but the fouls were crazy this game, Hill waved his hand at the official and get a technical for it. I guess you can pick up fouls these days for playing hard and aggressive like Hill did today on Kobe.

You guys shot 10 more free throws then the Lakers. Would you like +20 next time?

You guys shot 10 more free throws then the Lakers. Would you like +20 next time?

Im talking about the calls that Grant Hill got while he was playing aggressive and hard defense on Kobe.

EDIT: He also dove for a loose ball and he got called for hitting Gasol in the jaw which I didn't see.

Edited by Prodigy

The officiating was fine both ways, stop acting like the officiating cost you guys the game tonight.

I never said it cost us the game, that actually had nothing to do with us losing.

It's just frustrating to see officials call stupid fouls like that on Hill who is important to us.

Suns can't defend, all the talk of improved D is relative. You can look improved against San Antonio but c'mon, no D at 1 and 4 and not enough of it at 2 is a lot to overcome. If you can't deny the post to LA you lose. Collins is right they will have to zone in game 2. As long as LA adjusts by attacking the pocket and reversing the ball they'll be fine. Lakers can smell the finish line and they know the benefits of ending this series early to rest again before the Finals. I'd be surprised if it goes past 5.

Jackson in a series after winning game 1: 46-0.

Edited by Sky

• Owner

Any in-depth analysis Brandon? Haha.

None needed, really. We defended the three and beat the pick and roll, and Kobe was a monster once again. With Odom and Gasol contributing the way they did, we rarely lose.

Great win tonight, everyone really stepped it up. Fisher played some solid defense on Nash, I feel better about him trying to defend Nash after watching him tonight. Nobody on the Suns could slow Kobe down, and he was vicious from the start. Watching him go off in the third was something else, definitely looked like #8 out there.

Gasol was solid as usual and Odom was just a beast off the bench. I think in this series we'll be seeing Odom get more playing time than Bynum. Odom can defend the pick and roll better, and he's a match up nightmare for the Suns on the other end. I was also mildly impressed with Farmar and Brown tonight, both played well.

Great start to the series...hopefully we can keep it up and finish the Suns off in less than six games.