Value of Cavs in Bron's Hands

Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert could see the value of his franchise drop drastically if LeBron James leaves as a free agent this summer.

The New York Daily News, citing league executives, reports that the value of the team could drop as much as $150 million if James signs with another team.

RealGM

Ouch. That's a pretty big hit to a team/city when one player leaves.

Cavs can still pick up a big name with the money that would've been for James. All is not completely lost just yet. The Cavs have a good financial relation with some big Japanese company which was part of getting LeBron to stay, so that adds some stability.

I still agree though, but it's not like if LeBron leaves the Cavs can't change their roster.

Ric Bucher said if the Cavs get Ray Allen and resign Bron they can definitely contend, mentioning Verajao's value also.

A clutch jump shooter in Ray Allen would be a solid pickup. And we really don't need much more other than trading Delonte and contracts for Andre Miller to push the unclutch Mo to the bench.

Ric Bucher said if the Cavs get Ray Allen and resign Bron they can definitely contend, mentioning Verajao's value also.

A clutch jump shooter in Ray Allen would be a solid pickup. And we really don't need much more other than trading Delonte and contracts for Andre Miller to push the unclutch Mo to the bench.

There's a difference between what someone says and what the team actually does though. I wouldn't get your hopes up on getting Ray and Bron. To be honest... I wouldn't expect either.

• Like 1