Thunder Off-Season Talk

With the season nearly over, draft approaching and all the FA talk what should the thunder do? look to the FA pool? trade up the draft to get a young big? keep the pick and take a chance on a few of the late pick bigs? trade some pieces for our 'needs' or keep beinging patient?

Thunder have 14-15 mill to spend

this is what i would love to happen, its possible but unlikely.

wolves are looking to trade Jefferson/Love, and if I recall correctly I believe there were serious talks about a trade for Jefferson on draft day not sure if they still are floating around but it would probably be. we give them both our picks or harden(its hard to give up such a good player but realistically thats all i see wolves taking and its not hard to find some 3pt guys) and green. he in my eyes if the perfect fit for our team, can play the 4 or 5 great low post scorer can go iso, draw doubles, rebounds and takes a lot of the scoring load off Kevin it also gives us a legit 2nd scoring option. frees up our perimeter guys too.

I like the idea of bringing in Channling frye, although i think he wanted too much for what he is worth but i could be wrong.

draft. if we keep the picks I hope we just take a chance and take Gani Lawal or Solomon Alabi, unless another big in the lotto drops. we are pretty set at most positions. if we don't keep green i like drafting a SF, someone like Da'Sean Butler I think he would be great coming off the bench behind Durant. I don't really know good 3pt shooters but maybe take a look at a few guys who can knock down 3's and are solid defensively would be idea

i wouldn't be surprised if Presti doesn't pull the trigger on anything this off season as he has proved to do so, still a very young team, no need to make any drastic decisions just because we made the playoffs

thoughts?

I like the idea of drafting Alabi, Elliot Williams, and Larry Sanders if the Thunder could get all 3 with their firsts and early second. In mocks I've done, it could all be possible, and that would just make the young core even deeper. Get rid of guys like Kevin Ollie and BJ Mullens (or just keep him in the D League), and let the new guys come in. I wouldn't mind trading a few picks away for future picks considering there's also cap, but Alabi could be a nice C very much like Ibaka.

I think the Thunder should ignore the draft completely actually. They are a playoff team on the borderline of contention. The only reason they didn't advance past the 1st round is obvious because they had to play the Lakers. Why bring in youth to slow momentum and chemistry? .. They don't need the extra baggage, they need someone to come in and contribute straight away. I say draft whoever they think can be traded and package something for a star big man, then if salaries don't match up you got that 15 mil to take the blow.

The thing is who do you trade?

• 3 weeks later...

Ignore the draft? We need to find a big man who can come in and play with these guys for a few years. I wouldn't mind drafting a bigman with out first round pick then with our second 1st rounder get a guy like Ebanks or Pondextor. Ask for free agency, I know Haywood wants to stay in Dallas but that would be a thing to keep in mind, if all our extra cash wasn't going to Westbrook, Green and Durant I would say make a move for David Lee. I wish there was a way to get Dalebert.