2010 NBA Draft Combine Thread

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to bother arguing with a retard like you. HAHAHAHAHAHHA you're post made me laugh though, fukin human biologist over here at OTR everyone.

You have no idea how many athletes are around 5% bodyfat, it's pretty common.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2010-nba-draft-combine-official-measurements

Check out how many guys measured at under 5%, I guess those guys are all anorexic and just killing themselves. They just workout and don't eat all day, that makes sense.

dude i go to school for this stuff, i know way more about getting strong than you. in fact, most basketball players are way too skinny and unhealthy. it's disgusting, you know?

dude i go to school for this stuff, i know way more about getting strong than you. in fact, most basketball players are way too skinny and unhealthy. it's disgusting, you know?

No I don't know and we just proved you wrong with posts above, those athletes are not skinny and muscular and yet have a 5 percent body fat.

Just wondering, what do you go to school for?

No I don't know and we just proved you wrong with posts above, those athletes are not skinny and muscular and yet have a 5 percent body fat.

Just wondering, what do you go to school for?

why does it matter, i go to one of the top schools in PA. you're just butthurt because you've been proven wrong.

True, I obviously shouldnt disagree with a basketball/hip hop/body expert, wheres your PHD?

[/troll]

you literally can barely operate on that little body fat, it's only enough to protect your organs. bodybuilders go down to around 3% for competitions after totally draining themselves of all food for days before the competition. their usually around 7-10% when they are training.

[troll]

Edited by HipHopHead

[/troll]

you literally can barely operate on that little body fat, it's only enough to protect your organs. body lifters go down to around 3% for competitions after totally draining themselves of all food for days before the competition. their usually around 7-10% when they are training.

[troll]

So what do you estimate was Bruce Lee's body fat, Dr.HipHopHead?

We need your expert opinion.

why does it matter, i go to one of the top schools in PA. you're just butthurt because you've been proven wrong.

You haven't proven one thing yet that's why I'm asking you for your own sake to prove something.

:faceplam:

i thought someone would catch on by now.

This [expletive] is pretending to troll now and pretend like he was lying the other time because he noticed how incredibly stupid he looked like. We're not retarded, you were speaking your opinion but when it turned out 5 against 1 now he's saying stupid comments pretending he's only being a troll when he was actually being himself.

You weren't trolling before you were stating your opinion and it backfired dont try to get out if it now pretending you were being a troll on purpose.

I can say that at 8% body fat, I'm very skinny (not a whole lot of muscle either, enough, but not big by any means) but also likely to not die if I lose another 5 pounds of fat (3.3%, which would put me under 5 therefore killing me). 5% is extremely cut but has nothing to do with death/unhealthiness for an athlete. Maybe someone that's 6'6" and 135 lbs, then yes it is a concern.

From DraftExpress:

The freakiest measurements of all belong to Hassan Whiteside. The soon-to-be 21-year-old freshman bafflingly elected to arrive for measurements in flip-flops (a true story), which only gave him an additional inch in shoes (6-10 ½ without shoes, 6-11 ½ with)—as opposed to Cole Aldrich who gained 2 ¼ inches. With that said, he possesses one of the longest wingspans in NBA pre-draft camp history at 7-7.

You're sounding like some NFL scouts that will judge a player purely based on their 40 time.

Whiteside is a huge project and I would definitely not risk my pick on him. Patrick O'Bryant and Sene come to mind right away.

I'm well aware that players cannot be judged until they can do something worthy in-game. Nevertheless, what's the fun in the draft if you don't have a player who you would like to see succeed even considering their actual capabilities?

Whiteside isn't as big a prospect as Sene was, by the way. Sene never appeared to have any resemblence of an offensive game even when he was drafted. Sene did start his career very late at age 17 or 18 if I recall and was drafted by 19/20. He never really had much opportunity to work on his game. Being thrown into the NBA with such limited experience was harmful to him. Meanwhile, Whiteside from what I understand has been playing basketball for at least a while considering that he was fairly accomplished coming out of high school. Really, the only thing that Sene (and this can apply to O'Bryant too) is that their bodies are relatively similar, with Sene being rail-thin 7'0 with a 7'7" wing span. From simply watching though, their skill set and the way they play is completely different. I honestly don't think Sene ever really grasped the game that well. Whiteside looks very different in his basketball mentality.

This [expletive] is pretending to troll now and pretend like he was lying the other time because he noticed how incredibly stupid he looked like. We're not retarded, you were speaking your opinion but when it turned out 5 against 1 now he's saying stupid comments pretending he's only being a troll when he was actually being himself.

You weren't trolling before you were stating your opinion and it backfired dont try to get out if it now pretending you were being a troll on purpose.

you got me! how'd you know what i was thinking over the internet!? omg.