Source: Amare's Return To Suns Unlikely

Will Amare Stoudemire re-sign with the Suns this summer? That's the question I posed Thursday to a source close to Stoudemire.

Stoudemire, you may remember, had his bags packed for weeks, expecting to be traded by the Suns near the February trade deadline. When potential trades fell apart at the deadline, Amare was furious and vowed to bolt Phoenix this summer when he could become an unrestricted free agent, a source close to the process told ESPN.com

Later that evening Amare, his agent, Happy Walters, Suns owner Robert Sarver and GM Steve Kerr sat down to dinner to try to hash things out.

The Suns must have had said something right. Stoudemire and the team got on a roll, the team's chemistry never looked better, and now Phoenix is playing the Lakers in the Western Conference finals.

Given how successful the team has been lately, could Amare re-sign with the Suns?

“I don't think it's going to happen," a source close to Stoudemire told ESPN. "Amare feels like the organization disrespected him. Amare loves his teammates and has really enjoyed playing for the team these last few months, but he's reluctant to commit to Phoenix long-term."

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/16104/source-amares-return-to-suns-unlikely

What a terrible time for this story to come out for the Suns. Instead of having to deal with this offseason garbage surrounding Stoudemire, they should be worrying about trying to come back from an 0-2 hole against the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals. I know that the team will try to put this behind them, but you know that they are going to be asked about this.

Plus, Stoudemire has played crappy enough during the series. Now add this into the mix and the fact that it may do even more to take Amare off of his game, and it really hurts the Suns even more.

Not that I am surprised or anything because I didn't really think that Amare would stay in Phoenix past this year anyways.