John Wall vs. Derrick Rose

Flight

HOF PG?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In 20 years when both players will be retired (at least I think, hell maybe Wall pulls a Favre and comes back for a title opportunity at the age of 40), who do you think will have had the better career? Rose has started strong and looks to continue to improve, while Wall has the most upside to go along with the hype since LeBron came out. They're both Calipari one and dones, and they're both #1 picks in all likelihood. Similar bodies, similar skill sets, even similar personalities from what I've seen. Rose seems to be a bit more of a scorer, while Wall incorporates teammates more often, while both can do it all on offense, and defend. When it's all said and done, who's going to have had the better career?

So let's say Wall comes in and puts up 18 and 7 his rookie year, outdoing Rose's stats. This isn't that unlikely, considering Rose increased his numbers coming out of a Calipari system, and Wall's likely going to have the reigns to the Wizards offense. Assuming he develops and improves in his second season (which if nothing else, I think everyone agrees he's going to blossom after a year or two beyond whatever the upcoming season results in), then would you guys maybe change your minds? Basically I'm asking if he puts up similar numbers to Rose for his rookie year, then given the hype and projected potential, do you have a reason to change your mind or are you still set on Rose?

Wall Hasn't proven himself in the NBA yet, We never know, he might be the next Kwame.

in the other Hand, D-Rose has obviously proven much now , ROY, 1-time All-Star, All-Rookie First Team, 2 Consecutive Rookie Challenge Appearance.

So Obviously, its D-Rose ftw.

Edited by Ben

• Owner

Gotta say Rose for now, but we all know how that goes. Give us all one season of Wall first (still not enough, but you get the idea).

And by the way, I wouldn't call Rose a good defensive player. He's an athlete and it helps, but his timing is still off a bit and he gets lost out there easily.