Indiana Pacers Draft Discussion

• Owner

Currently, the Pacers are clinching onto the 10th, 40th and 57th picks in the NBA Draft. Discuss.

-----

Indiana could use help at the point, but I don't think there will be a point guard good enough to take with that 10th pick. Collins would work out well in the second round. Bledsoe could always move up, but the lottery may not be right for him.

Hibbert is improving, and Granger has the three covered...so you have to look at two-guards and power forwards. Xavier Henry would be ideal, and if Wesley Johnson were to fall, I think he would be playing the two for a while, at least until he puts on some weight (much like McGrady did).

Ed Davis would be solid, also. Davis would add defense to the frontcourt, helping Granger out a bit (because Hibbert still struggles, and Murphy doesn't play defense), and

• 3 weeks later...

Are Indiana thinking of picking Daniel Orton at 10?

RT @Wells222 Indy could throw 1st big wrinkle in draft. They're high on Daniel Orton. Scheduled 2nd workout with him.

Sources say Indiana has contacted Daniel Orton about coming in for a 2nd workout w/the team, despite reports he isn’t doing anymore workouts

From Chad Ford and DX Twitter accounts respectively.

Taking Orton at 10 would be a huge reach, but to be perfectly honest, I would love to see that happen. Not only does it mean that the Raptors won't potentially pick him at 13 (I would pick him with a late 1st, but not a lottery pick after everything that I have heard/read/seen of him over the past month or two), but it also means that the only team ahead of the Raptors who I think would consider selecting Avery Bradley or Eric Bledsoe, well, clearly they wouldn't be taking one of them, which leaves the door open for the Raptors.

As far as how Orton fits in with Indy, I am confused with this. They already have Hibbert at center, and although he is foul prone, he is definitely a serviceable player. If they are set on drafting a big, I would definitely look to get somebody like Ed Davis or Ekpe Udoh instead of Orton simply because they can play the power forward spot.

Then again, Indy has a history of surprising picks.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs053.ash2/36031_1531185879801_1239386286_1497380_6336464_n.jpg

Thank you Facebook. haha this dude's gonna surprise anyone that didn't do much research into the draft that went "What?" when they picked him.