Jimenez > Lincecum

trutrojan8

jeez Pelfrey's tearing itup

Yeah he's really been the MVP team so far IMO, 5-0 1.88 ERA in starts after a loss the previous night, he's even got save :lol:

It's awesome because I remember last year all the Yankees fans laughing at me when I said Pelfrey is going to be better than Joba, well I get the laugh now :D

I am not sure what is more ridiculous, making final judgements of pitchers based on ignoring their bad starts, or making final judgements of pitchers based on a sample size of 2 months.

Edited by Phightins

I am not sure what is more ridiculous, making final judgements of pitchers based on ignoring their bad starts, or making final judgements of pitchers based on a sample size of 2 months.

The life and times of a homer Mets fan. It's fun to watch.

A) I didn't ignore Johan's bad start I simply said without it he has a 1.8 ERA, he's having an excellent year. I'm not quite sure how that is so 'ridiculous'. Ridiculous would be saying Halladay is a better pitcher because he has better stats in the NL and threw a perfect game. 2 months right?

B) If the second part of you're statement is directed at me I suggest you read the entire thread. Considering I'm the fellow who left the "SSS" (small sample size) post I'm certainly not saying Pelfrey is one of the best pitchers in the majors. Simply happy of his success.

I guess when the Phillies are sucking you will take any chance to hop on my balls, the Yankee fan is different he just loves to do it every day.

Ridiculous would be saying Halladay is a better pitcher because he has better stats in the NL and threw a perfect game. 2 months right?

There is a tremendous difference... Pelfrey has been good for two months, Johan and Halladay have years and years of trackline to go off of.

the Yankee fan is different he just loves to do it every day.

It's because I like "being on your nuts" and not because I have a differing sports opinion on some topics. :yep: Tell yourself that. :wub:

There is a tremendous difference... Pelfrey has been good for two months, Johan and Halladay have years and years of trackline to go off of.

It's because I like "being on your nuts" and not because I have a differing sports opinion on some topics. :yep: Tell yourself that. :wub:

It is different you are right, and career numbers say Santana > Halladay

Well different sports opinion or not it's one thing to argue your point it's another just leave a dumb remark...

It is different you are right, and career numbers say Santana > Halladay

Numbers only hold so much weight. Halladay has pitched an entire career in the best hitters division in baseball (this is not debatable), while Santana pitched in the AL Central and now the NL East. They're in the same ballpark (figuratively) now, we'll see how it plays out; I like Halladay's stuff more and I like his chances at a better couple years, and he's been ridiculous so far.

A) I didn't ignore Johan's bad start I simply said without it he has a 1.8 ERA, he's having an excellent year. I'm not quite sure how that is so 'ridiculous'. Ridiculous would be saying Halladay is a better pitcher because he has better stats in the NL and threw a perfect game. 2 months right?

B) If the second part of you're statement is directed at me I suggest you read the entire thread. Considering I'm the fellow who left the "SSS" (small sample size) post I'm certainly not saying Pelfrey is one of the best pitchers in the majors. Simply happy of his success.

I guess when the Phillies are sucking you will take any chance to hop on my balls, the Yankee fan is different he just loves to do it every day.

The 2-month thing was for TruTrojan.

And no, why would I choose now to "hop on your balls", since the Phillies are in the midst of one of their worst stretches of baseball in the past 10 years, yet they are still on the cusp of first place (and are 2 games ahead of the Mets). So if I wanted to "hop on your balls" just for the hell of it, I don't need to reach THAT far.

Edited by Phightins

Numbers only hold so much weight. Halladay has pitched an entire career in the best hitters division in baseball (this is not debatable), while Santana pitched in the AL Central and now the NL East. They're in the same ballpark (figuratively) now, we'll see how it plays out; I like Halladay's stuff more and I like his chances at a better couple years, and he's been ridiculous so far.

See that is a solid post :), Now where I do agree Halladay's numbers are harder to come by I guess I still don't think he's better. Honestly to me it's 1a and 1b I used to say Santana was the better pitcher but since last year Halladay has been changing my opinion. To me I feel these 2 pitchers are going to meet in September with the division on the line, and whoever pitches their team to victory will be the better pitcher to me.

The 2-month thing was for TruTrojan.

And no, why would I choose now to "hop on your balls", since the Phillies are in the midst of one of their worst stretches of baseball in the past 10 years, yet they are still on the cusp of first place (and are 2 games ahead of the Mets). So if I wanted to "hop on your balls" just for the hell of it, I don't need to reach THAT far.

Okay, I fugred the 2 month thing was directed at Trojan for over rating Ubaldo.

Halladay > Lincecum > Santana > Jimenez

This. But start a franchise, you start with Lincecum.

Jimenez has really impressed me this year, but I can't say he's the best pitcher in baseball just from 11 decisions. Yes, he's easily the best this year but Lincecum has proven himself, Jimenez hasn't yet.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, this wasn't a jinx thread for Jimenez or anyting. :lol: .

He still has a great ERA, but it's going down the drain....fast,

Also, I find it funny that Fish is saying "without the poor start, Johan Santana has been great", when he was saying I shouldn't ignore Jon Lester's poor start to the season like he usually has when we were talking tonight. :lol: .

BTW, Jon Lester>Lincincum>Jimenez..

Wow! I thought you were going to say Kobe is better. :lol: .

Stop hatin on J-Weav! :angry:

Alright look im not sayin hes the best but he is 8-3 with a 2.82 ERA and leading the majors in strikeouts with 124 k's. At least give him some props hes turned into an ace and one of the best in the game and yall dont even mention his name with the elites. He was money in the playoffs last year too, remember when he shut down Boston? Haters gonna hate.

Well, this wasn't a jinx thread for Jimenez or anyting. :lol: .

He still has a great ERA, but it's going down the drain....fast,

Also, I find it funny that Fish is saying "without the poor start, Johan Santana has been great", when he was saying I shouldn't ignore Jon Lester's poor start to the season like he usually has when we were talking tonight. :lol: .

BTW, Jon Lester>Lincincum>Jimenez..

It's a simple comment I'm no excusing the bad start, still can't believe you can say that Lester thing after I just educated u...

I like Jared Weaver, on my fantasy team, last night I refereed to him as my 3 behind Price and Lee. :) Weaver is a notorious 1st half pitcher, we'll see if he can keep that ERA under 3 this year but I doubt he finishes under 3.50 :(.

• 3 weeks later...