James Harden gets time at PG

http://www.blogcdn.com/nba.fanhouse.com/media/2009/06/james-harden-posed-draft-062509-200.jpg

James Harden gets time at PG

"Russell Westbrook rested on Friday, giving the Thunder an opportunity to see what rookie James Harden could do in a point guard role.

Harden has gotten other opportunities to handle the point throughout the week, but saw his most extensive work on the ball in the Thunder's 70-60 loss to Utah, splitting responsibilities with Shaun Livingston. Although he had just one assist and three turnovers to go with 14 points, he looked pretty comfortable running the offense.

"Every chance I get, it's going to make me better. It's going to help me get used to it and feel more comfortable with the ball in my hands bringing the ball up. It was a good learning experience," said Harden, who worked against fellow rookie Eric Maynor, the No. 20 pick in June's draft. "It's going to help us that we're interchangeable. I can score, but as a point guard, my first option is to get teammates open shots. I'm confident enough in my passes and the coaches have enough faith in me to let me handle the position."

Livingston liked what he saw out of Harden.

"He has playmaking abilities. The point guard position is the toughest role in the NBA, just because you have so many guys that you're in charge of, but he's got the ability to do it," Livingston said. "We've got a few guards who can handle and are interchangeable, so that gives the coaches options and room to experiment."

----

http://newsok.com/thunder-notebook-james-harden-gets-time-at-pg/article/3384446?custom_click=headlines_widget

i doubt he will play any point in the nba. Livingston is a very soild backup when he was playing point i thought it looked like he was trying overdribbling and i thought he looked a bit uncomfortable out there. he is a fantastic slasher him and brook looked amazing playing together.