Raptors Want Big Man If They Trade Bosh

Last little piece from the Chad Ford Raptor talk on ESPN. I figured I would just split the blog into 3 seperate topics so that it is more organized.

The team is also in a critical point in workouts. They had in Daniel Orton, Ekpe Udoh and Cole Aldrich in last week for workouts and will have in Hassan Whiteside and Solomon Alabi in early this week. There’s no question the team would like a center so that, if Bosh leaves, head coach Jay Triano can move Andrea Bargnani to his more natural position at the four.

However, the Raptors believe that they’ll get a big in any sign-and-trade for Bosh, so team need isn’t limiting their options in the draft right now.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/16700/raptors-cleaning-house

I think most of us anticipated that the Raptors would want a big man for Bosh, and it is very nice to see that they aren't too worried about filling a need through the draft and will be, seemingly, picking who they believe is the BPA.

As for Bosh, if they do trade him, who are the bigs that you would expect them to hope for?

Obviously there is David Lee and Andrew Bynum who have been the most talked about players. You have Joakim Noah, but I would be shocked if the Bulls traded him. Miami and New Jersey don't really have anything that I could see as the Raptors aren't interested in Beasley and there is no way that the Nets give up Lopez, so unless they are trading the 3rd pick, I don't see much there either.

Anyways, just thought I would post this as well.

JJ Hickson?

Mo, Jamison, JJ, future first for Calderon, Bosh?

Or you could also add Delonte to the trade and give Banks or Evans expiring contracts to the Cavs to fix the financial part.

deal, considering Lebrons leaving anyway

u can have bosh as ur franchise player, best of luck with that

JJ Hickson?

Mo, Jamison, JJ, future first for Calderon, Bosh?

Or you could also add Delonte to the trade and give Banks or Evans expiring contracts to the Cavs to fix the financial part.

Lol no.... If I was GM and Bosh told me he wanted to go to Cleveland I would say have fun signing there with the MLE then.

I think we should just trade for the BPA, hopefully that is Bynum, I am as scared of his injuries as anyone but he will do the best to replace Bosh's hole, plus he will make us better defensively.

JJ Hickson hasn't shown me anything to indicate he is a big man that we can build with, I would prefer to get Varejao to him, honestly.

Edited by travesy3

It's got to be a center that can defend well. David Lee would be like a downgrade to Bosh, and Beasley will be a potential future Bosh. Trading for either of those would mean trading Bargnani as well, or else the Raptors will be experiencing the same problems as last year, except with even less offensive talent.

Bynum, Noah, or Lopez would be fantastic, as we all know.