GM7: Boston (3) @ Los Angeles (3)

Lakers and Celtics, Game 7  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i didnt know moving was illegal, btw im smarter then u think. i will never get banned

Not banning you would only make this site look unprofessional and make Brandon look like a hypocrite for not banning Lakers fans considering you were the only person to bait so far, jus sayin

lol, right as I was thinking of Shaq. Kobe gets asked about Shaq, "I'm just glad I got one more than him, haa, I'm just kidding, no I'm not."

I'm just glad the series went to 7 games though and the last game was close. LET THE OFFSEASON BEGIN!

• Owner

This was one of the best defensive performances I've seen in the playoffs, ever, by two teams.

Kobe Bryant shot very poorly. Give all the credit in the world to Boston's defense. They were set out to stop Bryant, triple-teamed him four different times in the game, doubled him every chance they got, and to be honest, it really did pay off. They had a huge chance of winning from it. However, aside from the shooting, Kobe's defensive efforts were outstanding. He grabbed 15 boards and played some of the best help defense I've seen from him this season. It let Rondo loose a few times, but it's better to let him drive to the bigs than to give up threes. Plus, Bryant's fourth quarter (one bucket, eight free throw points) was very good, attacking the rim and trusting his teammates.

Pau Gasol, pretty much the same thing. He was awesome on the glass, shot poorly for a long time and finally started coming through in the fourth. He contested every shot he could, followed guards out to the perimeter on mismatches, and worked Boston to death, wearing them down as much as possible.

Thank God for Ron Artest tonight (and Game 6). He was stellar. He didn't shoot over 50% or anything (at least I don't think he did), but he hit some big shots when we needed them most, and his defense was the perfect poison tonight. Can't say enough about his will to win. Aside from Kobe, I think Ron wanted this ring the most.

Odom, Bynum, Fisher...they contributed left and right, on defense and offensively. That big three from Fisher was important, and Odom did a good job attacking the rim one play, and grabbing a crucial offensive board and putting it back up in another. Bynum's heart and desire was special...can't thank him enough for doing his best to play through the injury.

Vujacic knocked down two MASSIVE free throws to ice the game. Sickening. I'm not the biggest fan, but he won me over just for tonight. He's not our biggest threat off the bench, but he did play tough-nosed defense when he was chasing around Ray Allen, and I respect that.

Phil Jackson gets an applause for his rotations tonight, and for inserting Vujacic so late into the game. Big props...Sasha is an excellent free throw shooter, and it paid off. He also got Kobe the needed rest, and I believe he was the one (and maybe Fisher) to tell Bryant to back off a bit, attack the rim when needed, and work the ball into the triangle.

Standing ovation to the Boston Celtics, for a tough, nasty Game 7. One of the best defensive teams I've seen in the last decade, for sure...ranks up there with the 2004 Detroit Pistons and the 2008 Boston team, in my opinion.

Champs again. Let's get three.

• Like 1

Champs again. Let's get three.

I guaranteed the Lakers would win this year and last year. This time, I'm not so sure. They'll need to make some adjustments this off season for two, or perhaps three starter positions, as well as the bench. It doesn't look good to me at this point. We'll see what happens.

Edited by Poe

• Owner

I guaranteed the Lakers would win this year and last year. This time, I'm not so sure. They'll need to make some adjustments this off season for two, or perhaps three starter positions, as well as the bench. It doesn't look good to me at this point. We'll see what happens.

Well, I think it depends. If we keep Bynum, and he stays healthy, I would put money on the three-peat.

On the other hand, the rumors about Bynum for Bosh...not sure what to think yet. Losing a fully-healthy Bynum is crazy, and I really wouldn't trade him if I knew he would stay healthy, but having three superstars that can set up an isolation (Kobe, Bosh, Gasol)...not sure how any team in the NBA defends that, with Fisher and Artest just chilling on the perimeter.

All I can say is that was quite a game, strange series with a few blowouts but all a basketball fan can ask for. Wanted the Celtics to win but really isn't what I wanted most: A good game 7. I got that.

Congrats LA, and all the true Laker fans that have stuck with the team through ups and downs.

Well, I think it depends. If we keep Bynum, and he stays healthy, I would put money on the three-peat.

On the other hand, the rumors about Bynum for Bosh...not sure what to think yet. Losing a fully-healthy Bynum is crazy, and I really wouldn't trade him if I knew he would stay healthy, but having three superstars that can set up an isolation (Kobe, Bosh, Gasol)...not sure how any team in the NBA defends that, with Fisher and Artest just chilling on the perimeter.

I don't even want to imagine a starting line up with Bosh rather than Bynum. Imo I would keep Bynum for sure, even though he has the injury problems imagine a full season with a healthy L.A squad. lol

2010 NBA CHAMPS! :rock:

First off I wanna say that was arguably the best display of defensive basketball (for both teams) that I have ever seen in a playoff game. Neither team let up for the full 48 minutes, and that's how it should have been. Props to Celts for fighting and actually winning the the first three quarters, but we were resiliant and finished stong.

Kobe was garbage offensively, and our offensive woes in the first half had a lot to do with his shot selection and his overaggressive dribbling. The Celts did a good job collapsing their defense on whatever side he went, and he was constantly double and triple teamed on every touch. Passive and trusting Kobe in the third finally got us over the hump and the offense starting flowing. Shooting aside though, Kobe played one hell of a game. He not only crashed the rebounds hard (15 rebounds) but his defense all game was spectacular. He deserves the Finals MVP.

Pau's play in the fourth quarter was phenomenal, his timely baskets starting from about the five minute mark in the fourth allowed us to get a comfortable lead and never look back. I questioned his defense a little though, I still don't understand why he fronted KG a couple times which resulted in easy baskets. Call him soft of whatever you want, but the dude knows how to get the job done.

I can't say enough about Artest, [expletive] all the haters who thought that we were better off with Ariza. Ariza is great in his own right, but no way would be able to lockdown players like Durant and Pierce. If MVP would have come down to tonights game, Ron would win it hands down. If it hadn't been for Ron's scoring in the second quarter the Celts would have blown us out. He was hungry and it showed. Ron didn't shot well this entire postseason, but he didn't quit, and I admire his will. QUEENSBRIDGE!!!

Fish once again proved why he's the starting pg for this team. He plays like crap all season but shows up big in the postseason lol, I love him. That three down the stretch with Rondo right in his face was super clutch. I definitely wouldn't mind Fisher back next season, maybe not as a starter though, we'll see.

Last but not least how about Lamar! Dude didn't fill up the stat sheet but 6 points in third quarter sparked the run which let us get back into the game. I'll admit I've been harsh on him all season, but when things didn't looking very promising he did his part to get us going.

Hopefully we get Phil back next season, I know he wouldn't want to leave right after we win a championship. With that said, next up three-peat!!!

Great defensive game, was very fun to watch. Couldn't wish for a better Game 7. :)

It looked like the Celtics ran out of gas in the middle of the 4th which was disappointing to see since I was rooting for them lol. The loss of Perkins was easily noticeable from the start of the game, with his presence I think the outcome of the game would have been different. L.A.'s defense in the 4th was amazing, easily their best defensive effort throughout the season.

Congrats to the Lakers and their fans for one hell of a season. Expect a huge video for "The Machine" after making those clutch free throws. :lol:

Edited by Prodigy

Great defensive game, was very fun to watch. Couldn't wish for a better Game 7. :)

It looked like the Celtics ran out of gas in the middle of the 4th which was disappointing to see since I was rooting for them lol. The loss of Perkins was easily noticeable from the start of the game, with his presence I think the outcome of the game would have been different. L.A.'s defense in the 4th was amazing, easily their best defensive effort throughout the season.

Congrats to the Lakers and their fans for one hell of a season. Expect a huge video for "The Machine" after making those clutch free throws. :lol:

Actually no, tonights game was all about defense so Sheed presence offensively actually gave them a boost.

• Owner

Actually no, tonights game was all about defense so Sheed presence offensively actually gave them a boost.

Yeah, I actually think Sheed did a much better job on Gasol than I ever imagined he would, and nobody could defend the ugly goon. Ticked me off, he kept hitting those Tim Duncan bank shots on Pau and Odom.

Even with Perkins playing, I don't think the Celtics would've won the glass. I've never seen Kobe crash the boards as hard as he did tonight. He may have gotten that many boards before (don't remember), but he was going after almost EVERYTHING.

True, but all the offensive rebounds the Lakers got in the first half kept them in the game. Sheed couldn't do anything defensively against Gasol down the stretch except foul him.

I'd pull the trigger. Bynum's inability to stay healthy is too great of a risk, plus Bosh is the superior player. Having three players that require double teams is something you can't pass up, and would also make Ron Artest and Lamar Odom much less of offensive liabilities when Ron's shot is off/trigger happy and Odom is high on candy.

Edited by Poe