Rasheed just wants to talk...

Would you mind telling me what was wrong with it?

Inconsistencies, they called fouls they weren't calling early, late in the game, and even failed to not call a foul right after the same foul just happened on the previous possession, but like I said I don't think it favored either side.

Just seemed to me Boston was shooting more fade aways and jumpers (Pierce in particular) in the 4th while the Lakers threw it into the post and pounded them inside. It didnt look to me like there were any fouls called that werent fouls, such as KG hitting Gasol on the arm, Allen fouling Kobe for 3. I dont think there were any plays for Boston that were called incorrectly, Lakers did a good job of playing aggressive D but not fouling them. Ive read that some people think Pierce was fouled on the drive when he was blocked by Pau, thats nonsense Artest gave him room to drive but Pierce was just blocked when he got to the rim.

And yeah they did call it differently in the 2nd half it seemed like, and for good reason. Boston came out of the gates hacking like crazy in a desperate attempt to win without their center. When Sheed tripped Kobe in the 1st with no call I had a feeling it would be a long night, thankfully they started calling Boston for their obvious hacks. There were as many missed foul calls for both sides if any. I keep reading people complain about the free throw differential but nobody seemed to care in game 2 of the 08 finals when it was 38-10 (the infamous Leon Powe game).

The Lakers were more aggressive.

Just seemed to me Boston was shooting more fade aways and jumpers (Pierce in particular) in the 4th while the Lakers threw it into the post and pounded them inside. It didnt look to me like there were any fouls called that werent fouls, such as KG hitting Gasol on the arm, Allen fouling Kobe for 3. I dont think there were any plays for Boston that were called incorrectly, Lakers did a good job of playing aggressive D but not fouling them. Ive read that some people think Pierce was fouled on the drive when he was blocked by Pau, thats nonsense Artest gave him room to drive but Pierce was just blocked when he got to the rim.

And yeah they did call it differently in the 2nd half it seemed like, and for good reason. Boston came out of the gates hacking like crazy in a desperate attempt to win without their center. When Sheed tripped Kobe in the 1st with no call I had a feeling it would be a long night, thankfully they started calling Boston for their obvious hacks. There were as many missed foul calls for both sides if any. I keep reading people complain about the free throw differential but nobody seemed to care in game 2 of the 08 finals when it was 38-10 (the infamous Leon Powe game).

The Lakers were more aggressive.

Nobody is saying there were fouls that werent fouls, we were saying there werent fouls where there should have been fouls, ive seen 5-6x a Celtic player getting fouled and no-call.

The only complaint that I had in regards to the reffing was that in the 4th quarter they basically decided that they were going to ref the game completely different than they did through the first three quarters. There weren't many bad calls on the Celtics as the large majority of the fouls that they committed were legitimate fouls, it is just the refs started calling the game a lot tighter in the 4th quarter than they did the previous three.

The only thing that I would say was a bad call was when Gasol "blocked" Garnett on one end of the floor (the block itself was debatable as I can see the argument either way) with no foul called but on the very next possession they called Garnett for a foul on what was basically the same exact play. Other than that though, I don't think you can say that the Celtics fouls weren't fouls by definition, it is just that the refs let a lot of similar stuff go earlier in the game.

The fouls aren't what lost the Celtics the game though. It was their inability to do anything offensively in the 4th quarter. They basically stopped moving and ran iso after iso, which completely shocked me considering the fact that ball movement was the key to their offensive success all game long and, really, all series long. Whenever they did a good job of moving the ball and moving without the ball, they were getting very good looks at the basket, but when they started to run nothing but isolations and clear outs for anybody other than Garnett, who did a great job I thought in this situations when Gasol was matched up with him, their offense faltered.

Credit the Lakers defense for this as last nights game was definitely the best defense that I have seen the Kobe and Gasol led Lakers play over the past 3 seasons. They did a fantastic job on the Celtics last night.

One thing in response to kingfish's post though.

I keep reading people complain about the free throw differential but nobody seemed to care in game 2 of the 08 finals when it was 38-10 (the infamous Leon Powe game)

Lets not re-write history here. There were plenty of people who complained about the free throw discrepancy during that game. I didn't post on OTR back then, so I don't know exactly what the response was on here, but the two message boards that I posted on then had an absurd amount of people talking about the lopsided free throws and complainig about it.

OTR may not have had a problem with it, and that wouldn't surprise at all, but there were plenty of people that had a problem with the vast difference in free throws during that game.

As for the actual topic at hand (Sheed going to the refs locker room) nobody really knows if Sheed was actually going in there to be confrontational or what. Judging from Sheed's past it is a safe assumption to make, but from what I have read and heard, it really didn't sound like he was trying to cause any trouble. It sounded to me like this was his last NBA game that he will ever play in and he wanted to say a few words. I could be wrong though, and I am sure we will never actually know the true intentions unless somebody comes outright and says it.