Magic inquire on Chris Paul

Guest STL10

Guest STL10

The Magic are one of the teams that have inquired about the availability of Chris Paul, according to a league source.

The Hornets are unlikely to move Paul, who has two seasons left on his deal for a combined total of $31.3 million with a player option for the 2012-13 campaign worth $17.7 million. --Fanhouse

LINK

It would appear to me that the Magic would trade Vince Carter's expiring contract, the #29 Pick, next year's 1st rounder and JJ Redick's expiring deal for Chris Paul and James Posey. It has been rumored the Hornets will either package CP3 and Posey, or CP3 and Okafor in any trade involving CP3. The Paul and Posey scenario is the only way the money would work for trading for the Magic.--STL10

Edited by STL10

Guest STL10

They had something about this in the Sentinel here, talking about how they want a pg... what is wrong with Jameer? But I'd gladly take Paul and Posey. I kinda hope this happens.

The Hornets DO NOT want Jameer's contract so I guess he would be the Magic's 6th man. If this trade happened they'd be the favorite in the East.

The Hornets DO NOT want Jameer's contract so I guess he would be the Magic's 6th man. If this trade happened they'd be the favorite in the East.

Yeah I mean I don't think we would give up Jameer, he was great in the playoffs. I was saying like what happens to him on our team, lol.

But I mean Paul and Posey would be great, and I think this is a pretty decent trade for both teams. Hornets do have Collison; and this would be another move that showed the dedication of the Magic front office.

Guest STL10

Yeah I mean I don't think we would give up Jameer, he was great in the playoffs. I was saying like what happens to him on our team, lol.

But I mean Paul and Posey would be great, and I think this is a pretty decent trade for both teams. Hornets do have Collison; and this would be another move that showed the dedication of the Magic front office.

I believe the Magic's chances to get Paul are slim, and they will get rejected. I see the Magic offering Vince Carter, #29, and JJ Redick for Gilbert Arenas if they get shot down for Paul. In Van Gundy's offense Arenas would thrive at SG. As for the Wizards they would get a true SG, and a chance to sign Carmelo in next year's off-season. The Magic won't sit on their hands this off-season.

Edited by STL10
  • Like 1

lol no it's not. It's largely in favor of Orlando, not even close to being decent for New Orleans. Regardless of whether or not the Hornets want to dump contracts, dealing arguably the best PG in the league when healthy for expirings and late picks is not a good deal, you'd expect to get something of value in return.

Guest STL10

lol no it's not. It's largely in favor of Orlando, not even close to being decent for New Orleans. Regardless of whether or not the Hornets want to dump contracts, dealing arguably the best PG in the league when healthy for expirings and late picks is not a good deal, you'd expect to get something of value in return.

You can NEVER make a fair trade trading superstars in their prime.

Edited by STL10

You can NEVER make a fair trade trading superstars in their prime.

well, you'll never really get equal value, but you do get good value, not expirings and late picks. Like the Lakers giving up Marc for Pau, C's giving up 5th overall for Ray, AL Jeff for KG as the most recent ones. There's always a good piece going the other way, in this scenario there is none.

Guest STL10

well, you'll never really get equal value, but you do get good value, not expirings and late picks. Like the Lakers giving up Marc for Pau, C's giving up 5th overall for Ray, AL Jeff for KG as the most recent ones. There's always a good piece going the other way, in this scenario there is none.

You think Jeff Green for Ray Allen, A-Jeff for KG, and Marc for Pau were fair trades? The last fair superstar trade I remember was Gary Payton for Ray Allen.