76ers stepping up efforts to trade Brand

Guest STL10

Guest STL10

Word among NBA executives Tuesday was that the Sixers were stepping up their efforts to trade Brand, whose value – if not his salary – has been decimated by two lost seasons in Philly. --CBS Sports

LINK

Guest STL10

I'll love if they can pull a deal off...but it's gonna be incredibly hard to get somebody to bite on that contract.

How about Elton Brand and #2 for #4 and Ryan Gomes?

The T'Wolves LOVE Turner. Then the 76ers would draft Favors to play PF.

Guest STL10

The only way I see Brand getting traded is if he is packaged with the 2nd pick, and those rumors have already been shot down.

Elton Brand and #2 for Michael Redd and #15?

Guest STL10

haha wtf, you have to be kidding.

Am I? The 76ers dump Brand's contract and get Xaiver Henry. The Bucks get Evan Turner or Derrick Favors and a solid NBA PF.

Guest STL10

Why would they trade a player who can play with a bad contract for a player who will give you 3 games and a bad contract. Then give up the 2nd pick for 15th..

yeah, seems like a good trade.

Redd has an expiring deal

Who are they going to pick up in next season? No one really for them. They have the ability to a potential hall of famer with the 2nd pick. You don't "trade" the 2nd pick for a expiring and dumb a contract. Hell, the Celtics got Ray Allen for the 5th.

Brand's play and monster contract is no where near Redd who has expiring contract and is more injury prone.

Then you throw in the 2nd pick for the 15th? Turner for basically sitting at 15th not having a clue who falls to you?

Sounds extremely stupid to me. Sorry.

15th pick likely lands you a role player

Evan Turner, at 2, can be the cornerstone for the franchise for years to come. Dumping a potential up and coming star just to get an expiring is plain stupid. Especially for a team like the Sixers who desperately needs a new face for the franchise to sell some tickets.

Edited by Artesticle

Guest STL10

15th pick likely lands you a role player

Evan Turner, at 2, can be the cornerstone for the franchise for years to come. Dumping a potential up and coming star just to get an expiring is plain stupid. Especially for a team like the Sixers who desperately needs a new face for the franchise to sell some tickets.

I said this for the sole reason of if they REALLY wanted to dump Brand.

Edited by STL10