Turkoglu wanted by "handful" of teams

Guest STL10

Guest STL10

After one year with the Toronto Raptors, forward Hedo Turkoglu(notes) would like to get out of town and there are a "handful" of teams that are interested in helping him do so, according to the Toronto Star.

Toronto has the 13th pick in Thursday's NBA draft but is talking to other teams about potential deals.

Colangelo also tells the paper that Turkoglu, who averaged 11.3 points and 4.6 rebounds with the Raptors, is "commanding a lot of attention" in those potential trade talks.--Mark J Miller/Yahoo!

LINK

Edited by STL10

First off, just because teams are interested in Turkoglu doesn't mean that the Raptors are going to get something of decent value in return for him, so I would wouldn't start acting cocky yet, Poe.

Secondly, look at what the source is. Hypothetically speaking and there actually hasn't been a lot of interest in Turkoglu, say only a team or two has inquired about him, do you really think that Bryan Colangelo and the Toronto Star are going to say "yeah, nobody is interested him other than one or two teams"? Colangelo certainly has his flaws when it comes to being a general manager, but knowing how to play the media is definitely not one of those flaws. He is very good at playing the media and getting them to leak information that he wants out there.

Even if there had only been a couple of teams that were interested in Turkoglu, you know damn well that Colangelo won't admit that as it gives him absolutely no leverage and would result in teams lowballing him.

Lastly, exactly how many teams is "a handful" anyways? That is such a subjective term.

With all of this said, I am not surprised that teams are inquiring about Turkoglu considering what I have read/heard over the past week or so. It seems like teams are willing to give Turkoglu the benefit of the doubt because the situation in Toronto was just completely dysfunctional. I am sure there are a couple of general managers out there who would take a chance on Turkoglu. I still don't think it is realistic to expect much of a return, but Colangelo has made some very surprising trades in the past and gotten decent value when I thought it was impossible, so you never know.

so I would wouldn't start acting cocky yet, Poe.

With all of this said, I am not surprised that teams are inquiring about Turkoglu

hmmm...

Playing the media or not, though. Turkoglu is still good enough to be a contributor to teams that need his abilities. The Raptors CAN get good value in return.

hmmm...

Playing the media or not, though. Turkoglu is still good enough to be a contributor to teams that need his abilities. The Raptors CAN get good value in return.

Why don't you actually post the entire sentence that I wrote?

This is actually what I wrote:

First off, just because teams are interested in Turkoglu doesn't mean that the Raptors are going to get something of decent value in return for him, so I would wouldn't start acting cocky yet, Poe.

With all of this said, I am not surprised that teams are inquiring about Turkoglu considering what I have read/heard over the past week or so.

I guess it would be no good posting the bolded parts though, as those parts of my post don't suit your agenda.

I love it when people take out one or two sentences of an entire post and try to twist it around to prop theirsleves up.

Edited by Built Ford Tough