June 23, 2010

Flight

Was June 23 the best day of sports of the year? Sure, there wasn't a single title game, nothing of major weight on any sport (apart from the World Cup, but advancing out of the group stage on the big scheme of things isn't that major), but we witness some remarkable things today.

Landon Donovan's goal in the 91st minute to help the US win the group and advance is the highlight of USA soccer for as long as I've been alive.

The Isner tennis match that's still not even finished is tied at 59 games a piece in the 5th set, breaking countless tennis records.

Lots of trades and rumors today regarding the NBA and the draft.

In baseball, Strasburg throws another gem but loses his first game, 1-0.

There was much more in sports today, but those are the biggest notables. I may even be forgetting something on a day like today. Tomorrow should be great too; the end of the tennis match (hopefully), more World Cup play if I'm not mistaken, lots of baseball and other tennis matches, aaaaaaaaaaaaand the NBA DRAFT.

Honestly, I had more fun watching the tennis match than I did game 7 of the finals... and when I saw Donovan score this morning while I was in bed, I had that surge of adrenaline I usually only feel in the Olympics, or a car accident :lol:

• 3 weeks later...