Stop underrating Gordon Hayward

Years

Wow at people pretending that another great white american will never come.

He brings offensive rebounding. He's a three point shooting threat. He gets to the foul line(30% of his points are from the foul line). He bring excellent size at his position. He's an effective ball handler. And he can be a legit point forward. He's a good passer. And has a high basketball Iq. And he's a good defensive player

He was an amazing 3 point shooter but for the second half of the season they forced him to create his 3 point shot off the dribble as opposed to just being a knock down shooter. That's a hard adjustment to make mid season for any young player but he clearly has the ability.

He wasn't a good defender in college?

He spent most of his time defending power forwards whiles his natural position is the 3. But he was still effective because he never gives up on plays he ralerly gives his man lanes to the basket . He also uses his Iq on the defensive end and understand the tendencies of the players he's guarding.

Budinger's a better scorer, but Hayward can have more of an impact on a game. He's either going to be a role player or a solid all around player if you ask me. I think eventually he'll take the latter, and he'll thrive in Utah's system if you ask me.

I really think Gordon is going to have a long and good career. May start a few seasons, but I see him being mostly a 6th man who is the glue guy. Brings you 100% no matter what and could win 6th man of the year. With a great coach with Jerry and a ton of potential, its going to shut up alot of people.

Edited by Doc

Role player.

This. Usually you are looking for the 2nd or 3rd attacking option when you are picking in the top 10 and drafting him at #9 doesn't fit that. That said, he will be a good role player though and can help the Jazz to another playoff push, providing all else remain the same or better.