Bye-Bye Bosh

Is it safe to say that the draft was the final nail in the coffin of Chris Bosh's career in Toronto?

The Raptors drafted Ed Davis at 13 who has been compared to Bosh in the past, then they traded for Solomon Alabi and with them expressing their interest in re-signing Amir Johnson it seems like the Raptors are stockpiling bigs to compensate for the inevitable loss of Chris Bosh.

I think everybody figured that Bosh would be gone this summer anyways, but I think any possibility of him staying in Toronto has basically been put to rest with the Raptors draft.

Guest STL10

They are actually going to work on a sign and trade, said by Bosh and his agent. So at least we don't get nothing.

Sounds like Bosh to Chicago or LA. Deng or Bynum.

They should've traded him when they had the chance.

Not really.

Considering that they were sitting in 5th place in the East and looked like they may give Boston a run for the Atlantic Division crown at the trade deadline, it wouldn't really make much sense for them to trade him. Nobody expected the monumental collapse down the stretch that resulted in missing the playoffs.

Even then, Bosh will leave in a sign and trade anyways so it's not like the Raptors are going to be left with nothing. I'm sure they won't get the same kind of return that they may have gotten during the season, but at least they will be getting something in return for him.

Sounds like Bosh to Chicago or LA. Deng or Bynum.

They are possibly the only two teams who has pieces to offer given how New York and New Jersey and all these other teams have no players that the Raptors are willing to take/they are willing to trade. If they send Bosh to Chicago and LeBron joins him, then they are pretty much paving the way to a new dynasty. If they send Bosh to LA, they are paving the way to 2 or 3 more LA championships.

• Owner

I wouldn't be so confident about snagging Andrew Bynum for Bosh in a sign-and-trade, now. Buss is looking to save as much money as he can and raking in a larger profit. Drew will be getting paid, but Bosh will ultimately cost us more at the end of the day.