Breaking Down The Draft: Milwaukee Bucks

The Milwaukee Bucks came into Thursday's NBA Draft with four picks, three being in the second round. General Manager John Hammond said that it would be highly unlikely for the team to keep all four picks. However, at the end of the night they did just that.

With the picks Milwaukee selected three forwards and one center.

#15 | Larry Sanders - PF

I would like this pick a lot more if Henry, Davis, and Patterson weren't taken directly in front of our selection. With this pick Milwaukee filled a hole in the front court. It doesn't appear as if the 6'11" PF will have much competition in regards to the starting position. Look for him to grow alongside Andrew Bogut as he is a solid rebounder and an above average defender. Overall this is a safe place as Sanders should become an efficient player at the next level.

#37 | Darington Hobson - SF

Not a bad pick as he is both an efficient scorer and a strong rebounder. He's going to have to improve his ball handling and overall control to be successful at this level. Adding some strength certainly wouldn't hurt either. With our current overload of forwards I don't see Hobson getting much playing time in his rookie year unless some moves are made.

#44 | Jerome Jordan - C

I initially thought that Jordan would be a serviceable backup to Andrew Bogut as he is a solid shot blocker that can also score. However, just recently I've heard that Jordan has been traded to the New York Knicks for cash considerations.

#47 | Tiny Gallon - PF

Many will wonder if Gallon was selected thanks to his longtime friendship with PG Brandon Jennings. This may ultimately be the case but don't let that prevent you from believing that Gallon has a future with this team. He's a big PF which is something that the Bucks have lacked in past seasons. Many comparisons have him as a Glen Davis type of player which is something I think this team could use off the bench. However in order to be a long-term player in the NBA he is going to have to get in better shape as he is currently weighing in at over 300 lbs.

Although the Bucks drafted four rookies it appears as if they'll only be keeping three of them. I like that we added size although it seems as if we still have a few holes needing to be addressed.

With our four picks none of them were guards. This could be troublesome to many as John Salmons' return is questionable at best and Luke Ridnour will also become an unrestricted free agent.

Another hole that seemed to be addressed was Bogut's backup. With Kurt Thomas contemplating retirement and Gadzuric sent to the Warriors we will need someone to come behind the big man in Bogut.

Overall I think this was a solid draft for the Bucks. I think more could have been done in terms of packaging picks together to move up the draft but you certainly can't complain with the talent we received.

As it stands now it appears as if all three of our kept picks will be able to contribute to the team in some way or another in the upcoming season.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/411141-breaking-down-the-draft-milwaukee-bucks

• Like 2

I like Sanders, but idk if I like him enough to be the 15th pick. Still, solid draft, and I can see them all making impacts soon.

I agree. I would have liked to have traded down 5 spots or so and gotten anything in return. My guess is Sanders would have still been there.