THE GOAL, reactions from around the world

NomarFachix

Congrats, it took you 90 minutes and 45 seconds to beat a team to qualify for the next round. You guys act like you won the World Cup. Big ups for beating Algeria.

Did you see the game, or the round for that matter? Two terrible calls (at least) that would have put the US in way earler, one against Algeria, and one in the previous game that disallowed goals.

I hate blaming refs, but the refs were the worst when it came to screwing over the US on goals. The team still was able to rebound and win the game in the final minutes, that's huge.

Think of it as a game winning 3 in game 1 of the NBA finals... doesn't win the series, but it sure helps.

• Like 1

Did you see the game, or the round for that matter? Two terrible calls (at least) that would have put the US in way earler, one against Algeria, and one in the previous game that disallowed goals.

I hate blaming refs, but the refs were the worst when it came to screwing over the US on goals. The team still was able to rebound and win the game in the final minutes, that's huge.

Think of it as a game winning 3 in game 1 of the NBA finals... doesn't win the series, but it sure helps.

I don't care what happened, because that has the chance to happen to anyone at anytime. It's not "THE GOAL" at all. It was a last gasp attempt to win a game they needed to if they wanted to go through and they didn't produce that goal until beyond the 90th minute and everyone is acting as if the World Cup has already been decided.

Congrats, it took you 90 minutes and 45 seconds to beat a team to qualify for the next round. You guys act like you won the World Cup. Big ups for beating Algeria.

When does Canada play?

Big ups for acting like a scorned pair of roastbeef curtained labia.

When does Canada play?

Big ups for acting like a scorned pair of roastbeef curtained labia.

I don't know, but considering we're not discussing Canada, it's not relevant to the topic at hand. Soccer isn't properly funded here in Canada anyways, our programs are awful because there's not even enough players or enough money. It's tied into hockey and lacrosse mostly. Those two programs are the best in the World.

And very descriptive. Do you always feel the need to bash your fellow members in such a grotesque manner when someone disagrees with your opinion.

I don't care what happened, because that has the chance to happen to anyone at anytime. It's not "THE GOAL" at all. It was a last gasp attempt to win a game they needed to if they wanted to go through and they didn't produce that goal until beyond the 90th minute and everyone is acting as if the World Cup has already been decided.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to US soccer. :rofl:

I'm trying to figure out what part made you so mad that you had to make such condescending criticisms. Figured it was that USA was hopeful and thrilled while Canada was sitting on their thumbs and didn't even make the tourney. Lemme know what irked you so much.

Sidenote: It's not "the goal"? It was possibly (probably) the biggest goal in US soccer history... Get over yourself.

Edited by Cotton Camby

Well I would disagree, considering I've watched all three matches.

I'm saying a team placed in such an easy group shouldn't be able all up in arms over beating Algeria.

Considering we've gotten [expletive]ed over by the refs multiple times I think we should be.

Well I would disagree, considering I've watched all three matches.

I'm saying a team placed in such an easy group shouldn't be able all up in arms over beating Algeria.

Look at Italy, look at the magnitude of the match, look at the dramatics involved, look at the US soccer history. Just... take a look around.

I'm trying to figure out what part made you so mad that you had to make such condescending criticisms. Figured it was that USA was hopeful and thrilled while Canada was sitting on their thumbs and didn't even make the tourney. Lemme know what irked you so much.

Nothing made me mad at all, I just laugh that people could be so incredibly happy over making the knockout stage in the easiest group in the World Cup.

Nothing made me mad at all, I just laugh that people could be so incredibly happy over making the knockout stage in the easiest group in the World Cup.

You are exposing yourself as a clown, Owen. Stop already.

You're acting like Team USA is as good as Brazil. Be real bud.

Not acting like that at all.

All I'm acting like is take a step back and realize this isn't something that should be labeled as "The Goal". Sidney Crosby's Olympic Winning Goal against the US is twice "the Goal" then that was.

No one watches Hockey man.

Not acting like that at all.

All I'm acting like is take a step back and realize this isn't something that should be labeled as "The Goal". Sidney Crosby's Olympic Winning Goal against the US is twice "the Goal" then that was.

Take a step back and experience a little perception, this is the largest goal in US soccer history. For Americans, it is THE GOAL. Accept it. Savor it. Swallow it. Yum, delicious.

No one watches Hockey man.

Looks like the Thrashers got a new coach named Craig Ramsey? Being a casual hockey fan I've never heard of him. Can any of you hockey guru's give me a little insight on him?

You just posted that today.

http://namecriticscam.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/irony.jpg

You just posted that today.

http://namecriticscam.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/irony.jpg

WTF? Read my post bud. It says CASUAL as in I know the major things only because I read the Sports section of the paper every day. :lol:

I didn't watch a single Thrashers game all season. :lol:

WTF? Read my post bud. It says CASUAL as in I know the major things only because I read the Sports section of the paper every day. :lol:

I didn't watch a single Thrashers game all season. :lol:

Yeah, I'm excited as well considering there is nothing on to watch tonight. :lol:

Oh, I'm watching man. He's actually one of the main reasons I'm actually watching the game. :lol:

I loved the days when he was with Atlanta (05'-07').

I have about 5 or 6 more quotes lined up, but I'll stop at 2.

Yes, meanwhile France and Italy are already on the way out. Why can we not be happy over beating Algeria? You are obviously jealous of how happy we are, and I feel for you but get over it. Just because we are happy about being Algeria doesn't mean you need to come in and [expletive] on our parade. You called it giving your opinion but really you were obviously trying to kill our happiness.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/Fish7718/haters.gif

Back on topic - Some guy in Arkansas = me, I feel bad for anyone who didn't watch this whole game and get to see the goal an experience the actual drama and enjoyment of scoring the goal cause it was [expletive]ing awesome.

BTW for Yugo - My youtube ran out, Americans don't care about soccer?

DOUBLE BTW EDIT!!! - Gotta love the "AWWWWWW" "YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH"

when the first shot misses they all go awwwwwww and then landon comes out of nowhere YEAHHHHHHHHHHH, i love it I did the same exact thing

Edited by Fish7718