Edwin Jackson throws 2nd no hitter in Diamondbacks history

fish7718

I've always liked Jackson, thought he was a good pickup but he's had a rough year, now this? Weird, and also strange that a good Rays lineup gets no hit so much.

149 pitches, [expletive]... doubt he'll be coming back out on 3 days rest.

Looking at the box, kind of interesting. 8 walks, hit BJ Upton, and like I said 149 pitches. Only 6 Ks. Not the traditional no hitter haha.

Also got one run of support, that's special.

DBacks are soon to be in the thick of things in the west I think. Justin Upton's raised his batting average 19 points in the last 4 games, 18 total bases in those games. If he gets hot, and guys like Chris Young, Kelly Johnson, and Adam LaRoche continue to provide the long ball along with Reynolds, this is an explosive team.

Pretty funny, I was looking at the highlights of Mark Buehrle's perfect game last night and thinking about how he and Braden both pitched perfect games against Tampa Bay in back-to-back seasons. Then we see a no-hitter against the Rays today.

This reminds me of when A.J. Burnett threw a no-no with nine base on balls. He said in the press conference afterwards that the no-hitter wasn't something to be proud of with the number of batters he walked.