Fedor vs Werdum

Fedor taps out after 30 seconds due to an armbar by Werdum, his days as a good fighter are over ;(

He knocked him down with 2 punches and got caught by one of the best BJJ fighters in all of MMA. I hardly see how that means his days as a good fighter are over.

GSP got caught by Matt Serra.

Silva got caught by Ryo Chonnan.

Prime Cro Cop got caught by Kevin Randleman.

Fedor got caught by Fabricio Werdum.

It is MMA, people get caught.

Even if he is done as a fighter, it took the guy 121 months and 35 fights to finally legitimately lose an MMA fight. Regardless of whether or not he is "done" as a good fighter, he is still the greatest MMA fighter of All-Time.

(not saying that you tried to dispute that)

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Werdum was VERY mismatched against Fedor. This really is shocking, but as BFT said anyone can catch a punch and go down, no matter how good they are.

Some dude on bb.com said he bet $33,000 to win $6,000 but after Fedor lost he said he was lying.

He knocked him down with 2 punches and got caught by one of the best BJJ fighters in all of MMA. I hardly see how that means his days as a good fighter are over.

GSP got caught by Matt Serra.

Silva got caught by Ryo Chonnan.

Prime Cro Cop got caught by Kevin Randleman.

Fedor got caught by Fabricio Werdum.

It is MMA, people get caught.

Even if he is done as a fighter, it took the guy 121 months and 35 fights to finally legitimately lose an MMA fight. Regardless of whether or not he is "done" as a good fighter, he is still the greatest MMA fighter of All-Time.

(not saying that you tried to dispute that)

Fedor happens to be my favorite MMA fighter, so I agree he is the greatest mma fight of all-time, not need to even dispute it. Still saddened by his loss, I just think him being a dominant force is now gone with this loss.

Werdum was VERY mismatched against Fedor. This really is shocking, but as BFT said anyone can catch a punch and go down, no matter how good they are.

Some dude on bb.com said he bet $33,000 to win $6,000 but after Fedor lost he said he was lying.

Fedor was actually the one that knocked Werdum to the ground during the stand up exchange. He was just too aggressive with his GNP in an attempt to finish the fight and he left an arm out there for the taking. Being as great at BJJ as Werdum is, he took advantage of it and tried to secure an armbar. While trying to escape the armbar, Fedor got caught in a triangle and that's that.

Fedor happens to be my favorite MMA fighter, so I agree he is the greatest mma fight of all-time, not need to even dispute it. Still saddened by his loss, I just think him being a dominant force is now gone with this loss.

I don't think this loss means much to be perfectly honest. Fedor would beat Werdum 9/10 and this just happened to be that 1 time. It was as much Fedor making a mistake as it was Werdum beating him.

If Fedor has a poor showing in his next fight then maybe it is time to be concerned, but I just think this was a simple case of him getting caught, just like what happened with GSP-Serra 1. It is unfortuante, but it is MMA. It is basically impossible to go an entire career without getting caught, regardless of how great of a fighter you are.

Give credit to Werdum though. He saw the opening and he took it.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Fedor was actually the one that knocked Werdum to the ground during the stand up exchange. He was just too aggressive with his GNP in an attempt to finish the fight and he left an arm out there for the taking. Being as great at BJJ as Werdum is, he took advantage of it and tried to secure an armbar. While trying to escape the armbar, Fedor got caught in a triangle and that's that.

Oh shi*t my bad.. I didn't watch it I just assumed that's how Fedor lost.

Oh shi*t my bad.. I didn't watch it I just assumed that's how Fedor lost.

No biggie.

Werdum actually didn't even land a single punch in the entire fight. Granted it was only a minute long and he spent basically the entire fight trying to secure a submission after getting knocked down during the opening 20 seconds or so, so that really doesn't mean much.