Predict our lineup

SRV

What do you think our lineup will be on opening day? You can't have something like PF: Bosh/Boozer?, you have to pick the starting five and one backup for each position.

Alright... I have no idea what the Heat think about guys like O'Neal, but I'll just say after some stuff they sign him to MLE or something.

C: Jermaine O'Neal | Joel Anthony | Dexter Pittman

PF: Amar'e Staudemire | Udonis Haslem | Jarvis Varnado

SF: Michael Beasley | Da'Sean Butler

SG: Dwyane Wade | Dorell Wright

PG: Mario Chalmers | Steve Blake

C: Jermien O'Neal | Dexter Pittman | Jarvis Varnado

PF: Amare Stoudemire/Chris Bosh | Udonis Haslem | Michael Beasley

SF: Michael Beasley | Quentin Richardson

SG: Dwyane Wade | Dorell Wright

PG: Raymond Felton | Mario Chalmers

We need more depth on the wings.

I'll go with a few predictions:

C: Brendan Haywood | Dexter Pittman

PF: Michael Beasley | Udonis Haslem

SF: Joe Johnson | Da'Sean Butler

SG: Dwyane Wade | Quentin Richardson

PG: Dorell Wright | Mario Chalmers

C: Jermaine O'Neal | Dexter Pittman

PF: Carlos Boozer | Michael Beasley

SF: Michael Beasley | Da'Sean Butler

SG: Dwyane Wade | Ray Allen

PG: Steve Blake | Mario Chalmers

C: Tyson Chandler | Dexter Pittman

PF: Michael Beasley | Jarvis Varnardo

SF: LeBron James | Da'Sean Butler

SG: Dwyane Wade | Ray Allen

PG: Mario Chalmers | Carlos Arroyo

C: Chris Bosh/Amar'e Stoudemire | Dexter Pittman

PF: Michael Beasley | Udonis Haslem

SF: Dorell Wright | Da'Sean Butler

SG: Dwyane Wade | Tracy McGrady

PG: Mario Chalmers | Carlos Arroyo

Or a variation of some sort.

What's for sure:

• • Dexter Pittman will be the back up center
    • Michael Beasley will start at a forward position
    • Dwyane Wade will start at shooting guard
    • Mario Chalmers will either be the starting or the back up point guard
    • Da'Sean Butler will be a back up wing player
    • A max free agent will start at either forward or center

What's unsure:

• • Who will start at center - Jermaine O'Neal or a free agent
    • Who will start at the other forward with Michael Beasley - Dorell Wright, Quentin Richardson, or a free agent
    • Who will start at point guard - Mario Chalmers, Dorell Wright, or a free agent
    • Who will be the back up point guard - Mario Chalmers, Carlos Arroyo, or a free agent
    • Who will be the other back up wing with Da'Sean Butler - Dorell Wright, Quentin Richardson, or a free agent
    • Who will be the back up PF - Udonis Haslem, Jarvis Varnardo, or a free agent
    • In general, which free agents will be signed and resigned

Do you think Wright will finally get some solid minutes consistently? I think he can be a good player on both ends but he doesn't get the opportunity enough.

If Dorell is to be resigned, I'm pretty sure that he will start. And it would be at either SF or PG, and he'd play the point only if a ball handling SF is signed like Joe Johnson or LeBron James. With both Wade and Johnson/James able to bring the ball up the court, Wright won't be pressured so much to be a pure point guard. That way he'd create mismatches with his size, as well as being able to feed off of playmakers like Ariza did in LA.

Anyway, wherever he goes, I think next year will be Wright's year, as in a break out year like Turkoglu had for the Magic a couple years back. It's the first year he's continued off a full season without a serious injury (to the exception of his first two years after being signed fresh out of highschool, when he was a bench warmer behind Posey and Walker when the Heat were competing for a championship).

Other teams understand his potential, and I've read plenty of quotes from other coaches around the league taking note of Wright's game. He has the full package of skills to be a main asset to any team. I just hope the Heat don't let go of him.

If Dorell is to be resigned, I'm pretty sure that he will start. And it would be at either SF or PG, and he'd play the point only if a ball handling SF is signed like Joe Johnson or LeBron James. With both Wade and Johnson/James able to bring the ball up the court, Wright won't be pressured so much to be a pure point guard. That way he'd create mismatches with his size, as well as being able to feed off of playmakers like Ariza did in LA.

Anyway, wherever he goes, I think next year will be Wright's year, as in a break out year like Turkoglu had for the Magic a couple years back. It's the first year he's continued off a full season without a serious injury (to the exception of his first two years after being signed fresh out of highschool, when he was a bench warmer behind Posey and Walker when the Heat were competing for a championship).

Other teams understand his potential, and I've read plenty of quotes from other coaches around the league taking note of Wright's game. He has the full package of skills to be a main asset to any team. I just hope the Heat don't let go of him.

Yeah I've always been high on the kid, and I think he's a SG but like you said he can play SF, and even point if the team has a pair of playmakers. Am I wrong, or is he a pretty good defender on the ball?

Yeah I've always been high on the kid, and I think he's a SG but like you said he can play SF, and even point if the team has a pair of playmakers. Am I wrong, or is he a pretty good defender on the ball?

Three years ago, he was terrific. I saw games where he forced players like Kobe, Iverson, and T-Mac into having off-games. For some reason, this year he was a bit on-and-off with his defense. Perhaps it was a side-effect to coming off the bench, I have no idea.

In general, his defense is still very good overall, though. Perhaps he hasn't quite made a name for himself as a "Kobe stopper", but his length bothers jumpshooters and he has the quickness to guard the point. He's also becoming known as a ball hawk, and very good in creating deflections and steals much like Trevor Ariza (not quite as good, but comparable). He has lots of versatility, he can even guard some power forwards. He has difficulty fighting through screens, though (which probably has something to do with him being only about 200 pounds when he's 6'9''), and he doesn't always hedge properly when guarding the screener. He's a terrific pick and role player offensively, though.

I don't think we will bring Wright back. He would have to wait for us to get our players, and I am sure someone will pay him big and give him a starting position. Thats why we got Butler, he reminds me a lot of Wright, but he just needs to get healthy after the knee injury.