Draft Pages

Real Deal

• Owner

Wow more progress than I thought. Did you ever go to bed? ;)

You're gonna hate me for saying this... but linking to the player's NBA.com page, or if in the big scheme of things you wanted player pages here, would be cool.

• Owner

Wow more progress than I thought. Did you ever go to bed? ;)

You're gonna hate me for saying this... but linking to the player's NBA.com page, or if in the big scheme of things you wanted player pages here, would be cool.

Never went, haha. I'm not tired.

I could do this, but the only problem is that some of these players aren't around anymore (meaning, outside of the newest draft classes), and some don't even have player profiles. When I draw these players from the database, it basically goes through the same routine with each.

So, for example...when I look up, say, Omar Cook...it will find his pick number, the team, his name, height and weight, and college.

If I were to add code to click to player profiles, every player would have a link, automatically...which would be bad, because a ton of them would lead to nowhere (just looking at the 2000 draft class, second round, you'll see what I mean).

Hmm that's true. I guess you could do something like add a current team or last played for thing? idk that probably would add too much unwanted info to it.

Maybe add a link to each logo though? I know that lazy people like myself enjoy having links to team rosters and stuff like that, which would let people go to the current page for someone they want stats for.

• Owner

The team sites and forums will all be accessible through a horizontal list at the top. I'll be adding that to the header pretty soon.

On the website portion, the images will link to the team sites. On the message board portion, they will link to the team forums.