Round of 16: Spain 1 Portugal 0

Cobb

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We should have been awarded a free kick late in the game when Renaldo was clearly pushed on the cross. I can't believe the officials missed that. Overall though Spain did did a good job managing the game, we didn't get enough chances.

You're Portuguese?

We should have been awarded a free kick late in the game when Renaldo was clearly pushed on the cross. I can't believe the officials missed that. Overall though Spain did did a good job managing the game, we didn't get enough chances.

Spain should have got a penalty kick when Torres was taken down inside the box.

I was at school for the first half and part of the second half so I don't remember that. I actually tuned into the game when Torres was subbed out.

Yeah happened midway through the first, Torres brought the ball into the box and the defender didn't even go for the ball he just took Torres to the ground.

Yeah I think Torres should have gotten the penalty. And I would have won $$$ :angry: for picking Spain W at half

Torres nearly scored in the game's first 30 secs lol and Villa also followed with a shot on target. But other than their early attacks, Spain was passive majority of the first half. Am I the only one who got a feeling Torres doesn't mesh well with his teammates... he doesn't have chemistry with them. His teammates also looked reluctant to pass to him, but they passed the ball very willingly to Villa... not only in this game, but in previous ones as well.

Spain had defensive lapses though... in the first half Portugal only had 38% ball possession but made the most of their possessions by attacking effectively. They had legitimate shots on target in the first half alone. If this was Argentina, Spain would have been down 0-2 at half.

Yeah I think Torres should have gotten the penalty. And I would have won $$$ :angry: for picking Spain W at half

Torres nearly scored in the game's first 30 secs lol and Villa also followed with a shot on target. But other than their early attacks, Spain was passive majority of the first half. Am I the only one who got a feeling Torres doesn't mesh well with his teammates... he doesn't have chemistry with them. His teammates also looked reluctant to pass to him, but they passed the ball very willingly to Villa... not only in this game, but in previous ones as well.

Spain had defensive lapses though... in the first half Portugal only had 38% ball possession but made the most of their possessions by attacking effectively. They had legitimate shots on target in the first half alone. If this was Argentina, Spain would have been down 0-2 at half.

Disagree, Portugal is a very good team with a very good defense, I think Spain would have scored at least once in the first half. As for Torres, he used to be great with Spain until his injury but yeah he's been off a bit. Still his teammates were making a conscious effort to get him the ball in my eyes.