Pistons Turned Down Prince-For-Boozer

The Pistons reportedly turned down a trade with the Jazz that would have sent Carlos Boozer to Detroit for Tayshaun Prince.

A league source said that while the Pistons like Boozer, they simply couldn't let go of Prince.

Via Boston Globe

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60532/20090712/pistons_turned_down_prince_for_boozer/

I don't blame the Pistons.

They just got Villanueva and he has less injury problems than boozer and has more upside and can shoot mid-range like Boozer and even the 3 which Boozer can't. Why get a Boozer when he's the same kind of forward really as Charlie V.

To me, I think Dumars is trying to build a team again like the one he won the title with in 2004. He's got his shooting forward in Charlie. (ala Rasheed). Ben Gordon will be the new RIP. Stuckey is expected to develop into a point guard somewhat the caliber of Chauncey. And finally the glue guy, Tayshaun Prince, must stay. His game fits in with them and he's a lot more athletic than Boozer. His ability to defend and the intangibles he offers are much more important than what Boozer can imo.

If anything, the Pistons should go after Millsap.

Not understanding Dumars lately. Prince is extremely overrated and I bet Pistons fans would agree. When's the last time you've seen him lock down someone after 2004? When's the last time you've seen him perform well when his team needed him to?

Boozer is so much more talented than Prince, it isn't even close. Even while having a potential problem position wise with CV/Boozer, you have to take a deal as lop-sided as that one. Rip could fetch them a good center to play along side Boozer.

Not understanding Dumars lately. Prince is extremely overrated and I bet Pistons fans would agree. When's the last time you've seen him lock down someone after 2004? When's the last time you've seen him perform well when his team needed him to?

Andre Iguodala, '08 playoffs. Look it up.

Boozer is so much more talented than Prince, it isn't even close. Even while having a potential problem position wise with CV/Boozer, you have to take a deal as lop-sided as that one. Rip could fetch them a good center to play along side Boozer.

Yeah, except trades aren't made on the basis of a pure talent advantage.

i agree that he is overrated as well but i still wouldnt do this trade what, other SF do they really have, rip?

Andre Iguodala, '08 playoffs. Look it up.

+1

Yeah, except trades aren't made on the basis of a pure talent advantage.

Phoenix sure does think so. They said they would only trade Amare if they got basketball talent in return.

Edited by The Rasheedism

lmao at Charlie being a 3. So now in todays basketball if you are above .. say .. 6'10" and can shoot the ball you are all of a sudden a 3.. it doesn't even matter anymore if you will get destroyed by other 3's due to lack of speed, your ball handling not up to par of a small forward and it being extremely hard for a 6'11" guy to guard the smaller SF players like a Vince Carter who would absolutely destroy him .. or Caron Butler ... or Ron Artest .. the list goes on ..

It's stupid to call Charlie a 3 player, he is a 4 and can really only play the 4 or the 5 at times .. anything else is out of position for him .. sure i can understand you say he is a 3 because he can score in high volumes and stretch out the floor but that isn't a valid reason to position him at the 3 now is it ?

Stuckey

Gordon

Prince

Charlie

Johnson

Looks strong to me .. like the guy above said i think Dumars is recreating the past 04' pistons team, it looks almost identical.. Stuckey has a similar game to a younger Chauncey but his upside is actually greater if he can get that 3pt shot to fall more consistently .. Gordon is a bit different however from RIP but can run those screens like RIP and i would say a better scorer .. this guy can get hot one game and put a whole team on his back for a week lol .. it's crazy .. when he's focused, he'll hurt teams .. that 3pt shot is one of the best in the league if not the best .. yep i said it ...

Prince is Prince and is the versatile player who can be moved to the 4 or 2 if needed ..

Charlie is a softer version of Rasheed, he has better scoring ability i would say but in terms of defense and rebounding presence he needs to improve .. I think with due time seeing as this team is young, that they will improve into a similar 04' Pistons team ..

As for Johnson, he is like Ben, you must admit, he can blocks shots and grab boards .. he needs to beef up a tad but other then that it's true ..