ESPN Reports Miami is the frontrunner for LBJ and Bosh

Flash

A modified version of the ballyhooed free-agent summit that was initially suggested and then downplayed by Dwyane Wade has indeed taken place, ESPN.com has learned.

Sources close to the situation said Monday night that three of the biggest names in basketball -- Wade, Chris Bosh and LeBron James -- met over the weekend in Miami to seriously discuss their futures, with a focus on the increasingly plausible possibility of those three teaming up with Wade's Heat.

Yet sources with knowledge of the meeting stressed to ESPN.com that James, while clearly intrigued by the possibility of forming a star-studded Miami trio with Wade and Bosh, has not yet committed to leaving his hometown Cleveland Cavaliers for South Beach.

One source did label Miami as the new frontrunner to land James in a package deal with Bosh and a re-signed Wade but also cautioned that James was "non-committal" with the start of free agency fast approaching.

Sources said James remains committed to fielding free-agent pitches from several teams when free agency officially opens Thursday at 12:01 a.m. ET, with the Chicago Bulls continuing to rank as a highly appealing destination and a return to Cleveland still figuring prominently in his thinking and with the Dallas Mavericks looming as an intriguing outsider.

Earlier Monday, Fox Sports Radio's Stephen A. Smith reported on his morning radio show and via his Twitter feed that James and Bosh have committed to joining Wade in Miami. The South Florida Sun-Sentinel newspaper, in a report on its website Monday afternoon, quoted a source close to Wade as saying that the 2006 NBA Finals MVP "believes his team is poised to pull off a free-agency coup" by signing James and Bosh and re-signing Wade.

Unless Miami trades away former No. 2 overall pick Michael Beasley to a team with salary-cap space, so it can avoid taking salary back, Heat president Pat Riley will not be able to offer the estimated 2010-11 maximum salary of $16.5 million to all three Team USA stars.

But sources told ESPN.com that James, Wade and Bosh all expressed confidence at the meeting that contractual complexities to make this ambitious triple signing work can be worked out, although it was not immediately clear if all three players would receive an equal amount or if one or two would receive the max. Another variable is whether Bosh would be willing to sign with the Heat outright or if he wants to hold out for a sign-and-trade.

ESPN

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/Nowitness41Dirk/DwightFistPump.gif

Edited by Flash

• Owner

Coach - Jerry Sloan

C - Shaquille O'Neal

PF - Chris Bosh

SF - LeBron James

SG - Dwyane Wade

PG - Allen Iverson

BENCH

SF - Tracy McGrady

PG - Stephon Marbury

SG - Steve Francis

PF - Karl Malone

C - Greg Ostertag

PF - Keith Van Horn

SG - Cuttino Mobley (so Steve will play)

DO IT!

Coach - Jerry Sloan

C - Shaquille O'Neal

PF - Chris Bosh

SF - LeBron James

SG - Dwyane Wade

PG - Allen Iverson

BENCH

SF - Tracy McGrady

PG - Stephon Marbury

SG - Steve Francis

PF - Karl Malone

C - Greg Ostertag

PF - Keith Van Horn

DO IT!

Theres only one basketball! :angry:

I think it should be Wade, Bosh, Lebron, Chalmers and Beasley...and then random members from the audience can be the bench.

Edited by SRV

Guest STL10

Coach - Jerry Sloan

C - Shaquille O'Neal

PF - Chris Bosh

SF - LeBron James

SG - Dwyane Wade

PG - Allen Iverson

BENCH

SF - Tracy McGrady

PG - Stephon Marbury

SG - Steve Francis

PF - Karl Malone

C - Greg Ostertag

PF - Keith Van Horn

DO IT!

They would win like 50 games and get beat in the first round.

I honestly think this will happen, I have seen like three reporters bet their life that this will happen. If it doesn't happen then oh well, we are still gonna be godly next season, just saying.

It's nice for people to dream that players of their stature would team up together, as I have had my own dreams of players teaming up for Boston sports teams, but I really don't see the three of them teaming up, especially James and Wade.

I really don't see why Wade would want to play second fiddle to LeBron, and now Miami would be LeBron's city.

It's not happening folks.

Watch this not happen and Wade change his mind and go elsewhere.

That way we can laugh in all the dip[expletive] Heat fans faces. ^_^

Kinda like when everyone laughed at Nets fans when they didn't get Wall and lost out on LeBron?